Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

1 minute ago, showtime said:

The Lakers package is better than the Knicks.  How is it a distant third?  The Knicks players are not as good as the Lakers players.

I think everyone agrees the Celtics can make the best package with Tatum and Brown.  The issue is, unless Kyrie comes back - Anthony Davis is not going to re-sign in Boston.

AD literally said he’d consider staying in Boston regardless of Kyrie but preach bro.

Knicks have far more picks to offer, the Lakers young players aren’t appealing man. People need to understand this. 

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

AD literally said he’d consider staying in Boston regardless of Kyrie but preach bro.

Knicks have far more picks to offer, the Lakers young players aren’t appealing man. People need to understand this. 

So, he'll stay in Boston with no Kyrie, no Tatum and no Brown?  Lol.  That team isn't even that good without those players.  How is that vastly different than what the Pelicans have right now?

The Lakers players aren't appealing, but the Knicks CLEARLY WORSE players are?  Lol

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

So, he'll stay in Boston with no Kyrie, no Tatum and no Brown?  Lol.  That team isn't even that good without those players.  How is that vastly different than what the Pelicans have right now?

The Lakers players aren't appealing, but the Knicks CLEARLY WORSE players are?  Lol

The Knicks package is appealing because of picks dude. I’ve said as much like 5 times. They have #3 and the Mavs 1sts. 

The Lakers package is literally #4 and a few role players. Lonzo basically already said he won’t play in NOLA, Kuzma is completely meh, and Ingram is a dude who people will talk about his “potential” for the next 5 years. It’s not good and that’s why the Pelicans laughed and hung up the phone the first go around. The Knicks and Celtics have the better packages, Celtics won’t give Brown and Tatum. It’d be Tatum + Smart + Williams + Grizzlies pick and maybe the Sacramento pick. That trumps LAs offer easily. 

It's funny how Kuzma is just meh and Ingram is nothing but potential, yet Tatum is somehow a future all-star even though his value has gone down from what it was exactly one year ago at this exact same time.

Ingram was averaging 27.8 PPG after the all-star break before the blood clot ended his season.  Honestly, he showed more this year than Tatum did.  Tatum's value went down, not up.

I'm not saying Ingram > Tatum, but you're dismissing Ingram and other Lakers players too much.  More than most people would.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's funny how Kuzma is just meh and Ingram is nothing but potential, yet Tatum is somehow a future all-star even though his value has gone down from what it was exactly one year ago at this exact same time.

Ingram was averaging 27.8 PPG after the all-star break before the blood clot ended his season.  Honestly, he showed more this year than Tatum did.  Tatum's value went down, not up.

I'm not saying Ingram > Tatum, but you're dismissing Ingram and other Lakers players too much.  More than most people would.

Tatums value went down because he went from the #1 guy on a playoff run to a #4 guy? No, his opportunity changed. Tatum as a #1 or #2 is better than Ingram as a #1 or #2. You know, I know it, the Pelicans know it.

Ingram is the only appealing player and he’s dealing with a blood clot issue. Lakers package isn’t all that great.

Edited by MookieMonstah

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

When did he say that?

I assume if Randle opts out, we should have enough money to sign another max free agent. Assuming we keep AD until at least the deadline, I would love to sign a guy like Jimmy Butler in the offseason.

This would easily be the best defensive team in the league:

Jrue
Butler
Zion
Davis
Wood

If I'm the Pelicans, I wouldn't even want to keep Anthony Davis tbh.  I would take the absolute best offer I could get.  If Boston would give me Tatum and Brown with picks, I would 100% do that.  Take Tatum and Zion and hope they both develop into their potential. 

7 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Lakers fans being the only people saying that tells you all you need to know. Tatum alone puts the Celtics ahead, no other team is offering a player with his upside.

I'm pretty sure @seminoles1 and @showtime have both been on record as saying it's going to take more than Tatum and spare parts to get it done.  Hell, even @resilient part 2 isn't even taking it as far as you are.

5 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

He said Boston was on his list, or more specifically “I never said Boston wasn’t on my list”. Trying to find the other quote but he said he was open to playing in Boston regardless of Kyrie.

And I'm asking you directly, does Anthony Davis re-sign with Boston if they deal Tatum+ to New Orleans and Kyrie walks?