Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

I agree, BUT Danny Ainge might not see it that way..

Depending on what happens with Kyrie, adding Davis would make them a legitimate championship contender. If they keep their roster intact they'll flame out in the playoffs again next season. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Depending on what happens with Kyrie, adding Davis would make them a legitimate championship contender. If they keep their roster intact they'll flame out in the playoffs again next season. 

That might be the glass half-full argument, but what about this. Boston makes the trade of all those young assets and then a d leaves leaving them with no future at all. I'd rather flame out next year but build around a very young team and be competitive over the next few years that's a lose all hope and Future

I think Kyrie is motivated to return to the Celtics if for no other reason then he wants to prove he can handle being the main guy. Kyrie wants his own team and Boston will probably be the best option to do that unless the Brooklyn Nets jump out in free agency.

I could see a scenario where KD, AD, and Kyrie all end up on the Celtics next season.

12 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I think Kyrie is motivated to return to the Celtics if for no other reason then he wants to prove he can handle being the main guy. Kyrie wants his own team and Boston will probably be the best option to do that unless the Brooklyn Nets jump out in free agency.

I could see a scenario where KD, AD, and Kyrie all end up on the Celtics next season.

So Kyrie wants to stay so he can prove himself as the guy...and returns to the team with 2 better players? That makes no sense.

I'd also like to know how you plan on signing Durant because I was hoping you could see a scenario where Memphis trades for Luka Doncic and John Collins while keeping JJJ and the 2nd pick.

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

So Kyrie wants to stay so he can prove himself as the guy...and returns to the team with 2 better players? That makes no sense.

But most of what Kyrie does makes little sense at all. Let's be real.

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'd also like to know how you plan on signing Durant because I was hoping you could see a scenario where Memphis trades for Luka Doncic and John Collins while keeping JJJ and the 2nd pick.

Ainge will mortgage the team if it means landing a title with these three players. How will he afford them? Likely see Hayward and Horford leave while being unwilling to re-sign Morris/Rozier/Baynes. Thies is rumored to be leaving for Germany. Maybe with Hayward and Horford Golden State does a sign/trade for KD with Boston. 

For Davis it would require sending Tatum, Smart, Robert Williams, and very likely Jaylen Brown too. Ainge might choose to send Brown in addition to multiple picks instead of the future Grizzlies first or Kings pick this year, (whichever gets the deal done). Who knows? Maybe Stevens becomes collateral in all of this since the core that was so successful and promising prior to this season is gone. But I digress...

Basically Ainge would have to rip apart the roster as is and build a team around literally just those three guys; KD/Kyrie/AD.

Returning to the point made about Kyrie and having "his team"... I think he'd rationalize it like it's his team since he has been here for teo years already.

Edited by DoleINGout

The Celtics would have:

Irving, Durant, Davis starting surrounded by either Jaylen Brown or whatever the Grizzlies pick yields next year plus Brad Wanamaker, Semi Ojeleye, and Guerschon Yabusele on the bench, multiple first round picks in the draft this year, (including the Kings pick), as well as several free agents of lower tier contract values.

Edited by DoleINGout

If AD decides to give staying in NO a shot and we can dump Solomon Hill and Etwuan Moore for cap space, who do you guys think we should target in FA? Kawhi, KD, Klay are the obvious but less likely, Kyrie or Kemba might be gettable. I don't want to be the ones to give Butler his last big contract. D'angelo, Tobias, Middleton, Brogdon, Barnes, Bogdanovic, Rubio, Beverley, Rondo, Danny Green more attainable. 

I think Kyrie or Kemba would make this team really scary but on the flipside would kind of worry about Zion not getting the touches he should and some potential chemistry issues. Tobias makes alot of sense but will probably get overpaid

Edited by amac

1 minute ago, amac said:

If AD decides to give staying in NO a shot and we can dump Solomon Hill and Etwuan Moore for cap space, who do you guys think we should target in FA? Kawhi, KD, Klay are the obvious but less likely, Kyrie or Kemba might be gettable. I don't want to be the ones to give Butler his last big contract. D'angelo, Tobias, Barnes, Bogdanovic, Rubio, Beverley, Rondo, Danny Green more attainable. 

I think Kyrie or Kemba would make this team really scary but on the flipside would kind of worry about Zion not getting the touches he should and some potential chemistry issues

I want to trade AD. Preferably to Boston for Tatum and Brown. :D

5 hours ago, amac said:

If AD decides to give staying in NO a shot and we can dump Solomon Hill and Etwuan Moore for cap space, who do you guys think we should target in FA? Kawhi, KD, Klay are the obvious but less likely, Kyrie or Kemba might be gettable. I don't want to be the ones to give Butler his last big contract. D'angelo, Tobias, Middleton, Brogdon, Barnes, Bogdanovic, Rubio, Beverley, Rondo, Danny Green more attainable. 

I think Kyrie or Kemba would make this team really scary but on the flipside would kind of worry about Zion not getting the touches he should and some potential chemistry issues. Tobias makes alot of sense but will probably get overpaid

Pelicans would be better off signing Middleton and Beverley than bringing in a guy like Kemba or Kyrie. Zion will need touches to progress, you don't want him being the 4th wheel from his rookie year on.

On 5/16/2019 at 2:48 PM, resilient part 2 said:

A more possible trade is Tatum (salary filler Smart plus some one else) 14th pick plus Memphis pick. 

Getting a true star talent in Tatum > over any other teams middling players.

Tatum's value has dropped quite a bit since last year.  He shot significantly worse from the field and beyond the arc than he did in his rookie year, and he's got another year of rookie salary control.  His value isn't the same as it was after last offseason.  It's going to take more than fillers an extra picks to get New Orleans to deal Anthony Davis.  And that's assuming Ainge is willing to put Tatum on the table.  I'd guess he won't if Kyrie leaves.