MNF: Giants host Bucs

Matts4313

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Go rewatch play. He is on lewis before balls hit him. Dont matter how close it was. He touched him before ball hit him. 

Because the throw was super late and the WR made a dead stop. 

Plus it was super close, Winfield practically got there same time, and it hit his arm. Way too close to call P.I. on that. Especially when it extends the game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

When Roethlisberger retires, I've vowed to give up the NFL. They've watered the sport down so much that most close games come down to whining about whether a flag should have or should not have been thrown.

I think the Buc defender timed his play well, personally. But week in and week out it comes down to the refs and what they want to call and when rather than the guys on the field.

you say it now and i thought i'd stop caring about football as much as when brady left (and admittedly, wow i do care a hell of a lot less) but it sucks you in 

but agreed, NFL officiating is the worst in sports imo

Edited by Troy Brown
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

I mostly didnt like the deliberation.

in real time and replay i didnt see clear dpi

If you dead stop in front of the DB who is running after you they should have to grab you or nail you, not gently brush you as they also full stop.

• Like 1

My rollercoaster of emotion on that 2 point conversion...

In real time, it looked like an awful call to help the big market team.

On replay, it actually looked like he got there early, so they actually end up BLOWING it by picking up the flag.

But Daniel also absolutely upside-down double fudged up the execution of that so bad that it's hard to even be that mad about it. Like dude make a better play and maybe I'll feel like you deserved that call.

Looked to me from the straight on angle to the end zone that he got there early.  I would be fine if they didn't throw a flag, but to throw it then pick it up is a little bit of a head scratcher.  But jesus christ...I don't know how many ratings a player has on madden nowadays, but Daniel Jones would have like a 5 awareness on Madden 05 out of 99.

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Thought that was DPI but how the hell do you hold the ball on that play? What was going through his head? You knew where it was going before you snapped the ball, just have to place it right (which he did... just a good second late).

Exactly. Render the DPI moot. The play was designed and initially executed perfectly. Garrett should be furious. He handed it right to Jones who borked it up. 

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Thought that was DPI but how the hell do you hold the ball on that play? What was going through his head? You knew where it was going before you snapped the ball, just have to place it right (which he did... just a good second late).

wasn't sure if it was zone or not, prob should've figured that out 1st

so he waited to see if the cb was gonna play the flats before throwing it

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

well when they do, you show me and i will test my ability to change my opinion given new information but from every angle i just saw, a dpi there would have been ticky tack

https://ibb.co/6J72prq

@Troy Brown I want you to know that I spend 2 and half minutes of effort on this character experiment.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I mean I don't agree with rhe no call, BUT They were only in this position because Jones threw 2 ints. The Giants PROBABLY should've beaten TB by 14 if not for TB having a good defense and Jones making terrible decisions

Part of football.... QB and Defense are the two most important aspects of football. 

My bigger problem with penalties was the db getting a 15 yarder because Brate nailed him in the head with his helmet.

If its a player safety penalty then you must get it right and penalize the abuser.

An official in the booth like the XFL would fix all of this. Its pathetic that they did not do that.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 4