The Good, the Bad and the Ugly vs. that LA team

RaidersAreOne

Solid win... Carr, Agholor, Jacobs/Booker mix (Booker looks terrific), OL outside of RT, and play calling was terrific outside of some conservative bs at the end.

9-7 and a playoff spot finally looks within reach. Really didn't think we'd get there this year. We should be able to: Split with Denver, Split with Indy/Mia, Split with Atl/NYJ, and hopefully sweep the Chargers. That would be 9-7. 8-8 is still possible but 9-7 is more likely at this point. Playoffs baby, let's go.

Honestly didn’t even notice Parker was in at LT for Miller...did Miller even dress??

a lot of people in here drug Cable/Gruden/Mayock through the mud when they kept Parker but he played well today (or at least we’ll enough to not be noticed). Back to back weeks he’s stepped in at LT AND RT and played solid. That’s so valuable. 

• Like 1

Bad.

Gruden he needs to get out of his conservative habbits. Lean on your strength or does he not want to take the blame if things dont work cause its easy to point the finger at PG and the D

Sam Young also bad but wasn't as bad in the 2h

Lack of touches for Ruggs. I dont get it and it needs to change

Good

Carr played really well showed a lot that a lot of us have asked him to do

I.Johson im not sure Mullen even makes that plays on the goal line. His length and his ability swipe at the ball once caught was really the difference from a catch or no catch on both passes

THE BEST

Watching the Chargers celebrate the win and then see their faces when they realized it was a no catch LMFAO

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Solid win... Carr, Agholor, Jacobs/Booker mix (Booker looks terrific), OL outside of RT, and play calling was terrific outside of some conservative bs at the end.

9-7 and a playoff spot finally looks within reach. Really didn't think we'd get there this year. We should be able to: Split with Denver, Split with Indy/Mia, Split with Atl/NYJ, and hopefully sweep the Chargers. That would be 9-7. 8-8 is still possible but 9-7 is more likely at this point. Playoffs baby, let's go.

If we are healthy, we should do a lot better than 500 with this schedule.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Honestly didn’t even notice Parker was in at LT for Miller...did Miller even dress??

a lot of people in here drug Cable/Gruden/Mayock through the mud when they kept Parker but he played well today (or at least we’ll enough to not be noticed). Back to back weeks he’s stepped in at LT AND RT and played solid. That’s so valuable. 

I was going to ask about Parker.... I watched the game on my phone cuz of having to work and couldn’t key in on him specifically.

i will say Parker’s play last year was beyond horrible.  That was at RT.  I watched every snap of his several times when the Covid lockdown hit and NFL gave out free Gamepass.  I was convinced he had no future at RT..... it was that bad.  He was so uncomfortable at RT.... from his feet to his technique, etc.  I said his only chance was to move back to LT as a backup.  I didn’t have much faith in him honestly.  

im very glad he’s really really stepped it up.  I don’t think my evaluation was wrong.... he just got much better.  There’s no way anyone could watch his ‘19 tape and think it was good.

it does make sense that year 3 is the year he makes the jump though, because he came from a small school and was very raw.  He was thrown into action way way way to early and it actually stunted his progression.  The instant failure and no time to learn on the sidelines delayed him.

im very glad to see him playing so well.  Every team needs a good 3rd OT.  

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It was a conservative estimate.

However, Atlanta is getting better by the week, beating the Jets in December NY weather will be tough, don't care what anyone says, sweeping the Chargers will be tough, and Miami/Indy are both hard outs well.

Next week vs Denver in LV is probably our easiest game left, not that I'm saying we have a necessarily hard schedule.

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

It was a conservative estimate.

However, Atlanta is getting better by the week, beating the Jets in December NY weather will be tough, don't care what anyone says, sweeping the Chargers will be tough, and Miami/Indy are both hard outs well.

Next week vs Denver in LV is probably our easiest game left, not that I'm saying we have a necessarily hard schedule.

I do think 9-7 sounds about right because we're incredibly banged up.

Bad: Why hasn't Johnson been playing the thought was him and Arnette would compete to play opposite Mullens, it took injuries to get his shot.

Good: Carr playing fearless football.

Ugly: Defense defense defense, it will kill us in the hunt for the playoffs and we will wonder why a change wasn't made.

16 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Absolutely!

@ Home vs Denver (3-5)    80% WIN

@ Home vs KC (8-1)      80% LOSS

Away vs Atl (3-6)     80% WIN

Away vs Jets  (0-8)   80% WIN

@ Home vs Indy (5-3) TOSS UP 50W/50%L

@ Home vs Chargers (2-6)   80% WIN

@ Home vs Miami  (5-3)  60% WIN
Away vs Denver   (3-5)    60% WIN

i think we should go at least 5-3 in the second half of the season.  That means we should be at least 10-6.... if not 11-5.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

The Bad- Gruden was bad today, and I am a fan. But, today was not his finest coaching performance. Littleton continues to struggle. Defense continues to struggle, but Herbert and the Chargers have been good against everybody offensively. Herbert is the real deal.

Good- I am so impressed that we were able to protect Carr and run the ball despite the patchwork Oline. Brandon Parker was good today {something I thought I'd never say} 

The Ugly- There's nothing ugly when you win.