2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

So down to one team without a HC. The fact that the Texans aren't interviewing anyone and haven't hired anyone, and that Daboll is reportedly staying on a OC for Buffalo, leads me to believe that Bienemy is the obvious choice. 

Looking to 2022, i see the following as top candidates (presuming nobody falls off a cliff)

-Brian Daboll, OC, Bills

-Mike LaFleur, OC, Jets

-Matt Eberfleus, DC, Colts

-Aaron Glenn, DC, Lions

-Joe Brady, OC, Panthers

-Mike McDaniel, OC, 49ers

-Demeco Ryans, DC, 49ers

And i see the following HC's on the hotseat; Zac Taylor, Vic Fangio, Mike McCarthy, Joe Judge, Mike Zimmer, Matt Nagy, & Kliff Kingsbury

7 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

So down to one team without a HC. The fact that the Texans aren't interviewing anyone and haven't hired anyone, and that Daboll is reportedly staying on a OC for Buffalo, leads me to believe that Bienemy is the obvious choice. 

I also agree to this (this being said, Leslie Frazier is also in play... But I feel good in saying it's not Eberflus or Culley).

Bieniemy is an olive branch to Watson...

18 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Looking to 2022, i see the following as top candidates (presuming nobody falls off a cliff)

-Brian Daboll, OC, Bills

-Mike LaFleur, OC, Jets

-Aaron Glenn, DC, Lions

-Joe Brady, OC, Panthers

-Demeco Ryans, DC, 49ers

And i see the following HC's on the hotseat; Zac Taylor, Vic Fangio, Mike McCarthy, Joe Judge, Mike Zimmer, Matt Nagy, & Kliff Kingsbury

Throwing a name out there that might end up leaving, Sean Payton on the Saints. Without Drew Brees, I could see him heading to Dallas.

18 hours ago, ET80 said:

I also agree to this (this being said, Leslie Frazier is also in play... But I feel good in saying it's not Eberflus or Culley).

Bieniemy is an olive branch to Watson...

Bienemy there would be interesting for sure. also where everyone thought he was going in the first place.

8 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Throwing a name out there that might end up leaving, Sean Payton on the Saints. Without Drew Brees, I could see him heading to Dallas.

That would be interesting...i believe in 2016 there were some brief rumours about Payton being traded to the 49ers, Chargers, or Colts before he ended up signing an extension. 

Just now, 49ersfan said:

That would be interesting...i believe in 2016 there were some brief rumours about Payton being traded to the 49ers, Chargers, or Colts before he ended up signing an extension. 

It wouldn't shock me if after a year without Brees that Loomis retires, Payton leaves and the Saints go back to being the Aints. 

Also, Fontenot the GM in Atlanta now was supposed to replace Loomis. I think Blank hired him for multiple reasons. But to intentionally screw over the saints seems like a fun twist.

32 minutes ago, scar988 said:

come home bby. We forgive you for that prank you pulled on Jerruh at the owners meeting. We know your family still lives here. That you live here in the offseason. So I say again, come home bby.

40 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Bienemy there would be interesting for sure. also where everyone thought he was going in the first place.

I think the real interesting aspect would be Bieniemy vs Jack Easterby.

I sort of want Bieniemy to punch Easterby...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I think it's more likely Easterby gets fired.

Doubtful, based on everything I've heard over here. Here's something I wrote up in the Watson thread...

On 1/20/2021 at 10:08 AM, ET80 said:

I sincerely hope so, but - if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly - I doubt it.

Easterby seized his opportunity around the time Bob McNair died. It wasn't unexpected - McNair had cancer after all - but it wasn't exactly expected either, he fought a very valiant fight against it.

So while all of that was going on, Easterby was basically the family pastor to Janice, Cal and Hannah McNair. In a very trying time when the family patriarch is gone, Easterby stepped in to provide support and solace - to a family that probably dealt with minimal conflict or challenge before. In that role, he's not bad, all things considered - he proved his worth as a Chaplain to the KC Chiefs after the Javon Belcher suicide, and he's been called a valuable asset by Bob Kraft and Bill Belicheck. There IS value there if you look carefully...

... but that value has ZERO context when compared up against the business that is pro football. This is the problem, Easterby is trying to run a football franchise like he runs his congregation, and the people who do have the authority are too indebted to him to say anything otherwise.

If he goes, it has to be of his own volition. Ultimately, I think his "own volition" would probably be under a private endeavor; Easterby sees how much money Joel Osteen is making at the old Compaq Center where the Rockets won 'ships and thinks to himself "I could do that too..."

That's my win/win. Easterby leaves on his own for another high paying gig - megachurch pastor.

21 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

-Brian Daboll, OC, Bills

-Mike LaFleur, OC, Jets

-Aaron Glenn, DC, Lions

-Joe Brady, OC, Panthers

-Demeco Ryans, DC, 49ers

Kellen Moore will definitely be in the mix