2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

@AFlaccoSeagulls - I'm about 75% certain you're getting rid of David Culley this week. He'll be joining the Texans soon, with Tim Kelly as his OC and Josh McCown as the QB Coach/HC in waiting. 

Hope Tua Tagovailoa likes Houston, because goodness knows the city is great - but the teams are a disaster. On the plus side, he'll probably be throwing to his old WR and Brandin Cooks, so there will be a lot of speed on the field for him. Not quite sure if Larmey Tunsil will be here, he might force a trade next.

I won't be watching, that's for sure. I'm taking an extended vacation from my Texans' post.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

@AFlaccoSeagulls - I'm about 75% certain you're getting rid of Culley this week. He'll be joining the Texans soon, with Tim Kelly as his OC and Josh McCown as the QB Coach/HC in waiting. 

Hope Tua Tagovailoa likes Houston, because goodness knows the city is great - but the teams are a disaster. On the plus side, he'll probably be throwing to his old WR and Brandin Cooks, so there will be a lot of speed on the field for him. Not quite sure if Larmey Tunsil will be here, he might force a trade next.

I won't be watching, that's for sure. I'm taking an extended vacation from my Texans' post.

Join the dark side

The colors are the same

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Join the dark side

The colors are the same

Nope. I put some thought into this...

I'm going the @ramssuperbowl99 route on this. I'm not really joining a team, but I am wishing hellfire and brimstone for the Texans - just a nuclear disaster internally and externally, everyone there needs to lose several billion dollars in this single transaction. I want everything to be an abject failure going forward (and I'm sort of there, even if they DO work things out with Watson; I might shift if Bieniemy comes in at the last second, but I might give that less than 1% odds).

I will find orgasmic joy in the collapse of the 32nd NFL franchise. I will sit on my throne in this FF.com universe, drink my red wine and laugh hysterically as the Jack Easterby cult turns into ash and Cal McNair is forced to feed every single bit of this failure to his family.

I am without a soul now. All must be ruined beyond recognition for my joy to be met.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Split the Sticks said:

You sound a tad perturbed, @ET80  🙂

This is the yin to my yang. This is the opposite side of the joy I felt when Football was finally returning to Houston. There was so much hope from that single moment - I'm cashed out on that hope, it's been beaten out of me this month. It honestly feels like 3-4 months, it's not even a full four weeks since it went off the rails.

I'm mad as hell... and I'm not going take this anymore.

Mad As Hell Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

6 minutes ago, scar988 said:

It almost feels like the Texans are wasting time because Bienemy is in the Super Bowl.

I really wish this was the case - but the Texans did have an approved window to talk to Bieniemy this past Monday and declined to do so.

I'm speculating here, but I'm pretty certain Jack Easterby doesn't want a strong presence in this locker room; That will undermine his efforts of filling this building with people he could manipulate to do what he wants to do.

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm going the @ramssuperbowl99 route on this. I'm not really joining a team, but I am wishing hellfire and brimstone for the Texans - just a nuclear disaster internally and externally, everyone there needs to lose several billion dollars in this single transaction. I want everything to be an abject failure going forward (and I'm sort of there, even if they DO work things out with Watson; I might shift if Bieniemy comes in at the last second, but I might give that less than 1% odds).

I will find orgasmic joy in the collapse of the 32nd NFL franchise. I will sit on my throne in this FF.com universe, drink my red wine and laugh hysterically as the Jack Easterby cult turns into ash and Cal McNair is forced to feed every single bit of this failure to his family.

I am without a soul now. All must be ruined beyond recognition for my joy to be met.

FREE AGENTS UNITE

Dude, it's so good. Football becomes a stress free source of entertainment, and every problem that fans lose their collective minds over immediately becomes the most funny, silly, stupid stuff.

And every year you get to watch the suckers who don't realize the team they root for couldn't care less about them get their hearts ripped out. If this is a no judgement zone, that's fun too.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This is now how I visualize you in my head:

Tyranny of King Washington (DLC) - Assassin's Creed 3 Wiki Guide - IGN

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

@AFlaccoSeagulls - I'm about 75% certain you're getting rid of David Culley this week. He'll be joining the Texans soon, with Tim Kelly as his OC and Josh McCown as the QB Coach/HC in waiting. 

I can't even be happy that we're getting better as a team because my happiness is contributing to....whatever the **** this is!

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 6:42 PM, pf9 said:

I'm on board with the Packers firing LaFleur as punishment for him waving the white flag with a field goal yesterday.

Too much is made of that. All "and goal" situations are not equal. It was 4th and 8. Essentially 4th and somewhat long, but worse because the end point is only 18 yards away - much easier for the defense to cover. It's a low percentage play. The real fault is in even being in a 4th and 8 situation. The three previous plays just needed to get them closer. Had they gotten it to say a 4th and 3 it's much easier to go for it. Even then, they were a PI away from being in a pretty good spot.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

FREE AGENTS UNITE

Dude, it's so good. Football becomes a stress free source of entertainment, and every problem that fans lose their collective minds over immediately becomes the most funny, silly, stupid stuff.

And every year you get to watch the suckers who don't realize the team they root for couldn't care less about them get their hearts ripped out. If this is a no judgement zone, that's fun too.

I do this for college football. It's glorious. But I can't do it for the pros. I'm too big of a Falcons fan.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

What a strange move it would be to hire Culley. I think he probably takes a little too much heat for our passing game woes - it's Roman's system after all, and there's only so much you can do as 'passing game coordinator' when your OC's idea of a 2 minute drill spread offense is putting his fullback in the slot. But either way he's a low-profile 65 year old position coach with no coordinator experience other than when he was OC at UTEP 30 years ago. 

My theory on the Culley interviews has been that he's being looked at as a potential OC for you guys  - he has ties to both Frazier and Bienemy and allegedly hit it off with Deshaun during the Pro Bowl last year, so I could see him leaving to join either of their staffs if he's given the promotion to OC. But I guess we'll have to see.

If there's no announcement today on either Frazier or Culley then I think that means Bienemy already has the job. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

FREE AGENTS UNITE

That sounds pretty awful. Football wouldn't be the same if I didn't feel like I had something riding on the games. I'm not naïve about the business of it. But I like caring about the outcomes. I barely even watched the AFCCG and NFCCG with the Rams out of it.

Just now, jrry32 said:

That sounds pretty awful. Football wouldn't be the same if I didn't feel like I had something riding on the games. I'm not naïve about the business of it. But I like caring about the outcomes. I barely even watched the AFCCG and NFCCG with the Rams out of it.

You didn't enjoy the CFB National Title without UF in it, or the Super Bowl when the Rams aren't playing?