2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You didn't enjoy the CFB National Title without UF in it, or the Super Bowl when the Rams aren't playing?

Not to anywhere near the same extent. I don't recall if I watched the entire National Title Game this year. Might have watched parts of it. And I won't be watching the Super Bowl. I am traveling that day. Had the Rams been in it, I would have moved my flights. But without the Rams, I only care to the extent that I don't want Brady winning but not enough to go out of my way to watch it.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Not to anywhere near the same extent. I don't recall if I watched the entire National Title Game this year. Might have watched parts of it. And I won't be watching the Super Bowl. I am traveling that day. Had the Rams been in it, I would have moved my flights. But without the Rams, I only care to the extent that I don't want Brady winning but not enough to go out of my way to watch it.

Fair enough, but I get plenty of entertainment watching football without any stakes. I also don't gamble, and there are people who look at me like I have 3 heads when I say that.

EDIT: And most of my high stakes experiences haven't been "fun". They've been relieving if we win, but really it's mostly just stress.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I barely even watched the AFCCG and NFCCG with the Rams out of it.

The opposite end of the spectrum - I haven't watched a bit of football this entire post-season with the Texans situation looming large over everything. It's ruining my entire football experience to this point, and it's simply not going to get better - 20 years of watching this team from the beginning has let me know it's not getting better.

So going rogue with @ramssuperbowl99feels like the right move for me. Allows me to enjoy what is ultimately a recreational event.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

If there's no announcement today on either Frazier or Culley then I think that means Bienemy already has the job. 

I'm actually thinking we'll hear it on Friday - we'll hear Frazier with Culley as OC/AHC with Tim Kelly and Josh McCown as QB coaches. Press conference next week, maybe Wednesday.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We're going with the title of Sarah Palin's autobiography?

...sure why not.

I was mostly thinking the Nissan Rogue commercials with Brie Larson... But hey, good by me.

I'mma set stuff on fire.

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

Thats it, I’m officially no longer a Houston Texans fan. I've been a Texans fan for my whole life and in these 19 years I've never seen a team this broken. This team is crap, I am officially becoming a Green Bay Packers fan, where they know how to actually run a team!!

We gladly accept, bring @ET80with you too. We'll make a party of it! 

Culley is not a Ravens guy.

He is a 17 year Andy Reid guy.

• 1999-2010 Philly WR coach
  • 2011-2012 Philly Senior Assistant / WR coach
  • 2013-2016 KC Assistant Head Coach / WR coach 
  • 2 years in the 1990s with Wyche (another Walsh guy) and 3 years with Cowher
  • Bills 2017-2018
  • Ravens 2019-2020

This guy is tree'd up big time.

He also knows Watson a bit from the pro bowl and from what I have heard they hit it off well.

I'd be OK with everything Texans right now except they still have the 3rd worst person in football in their organization.

• Mike Brown and Dan Snyder are untouchable at the top of the dangerous idiots in the NFL list.
Edited by SkippyX

7 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

We gladly accept, bring @ET80with you too. We'll make a party of it! 

Sorry.

19 hours ago, ET80 said:

Nope. I put some thought into this...

I'm going the @ramssuperbowl99 route on this. I'm not really joining a team, but I am wishing hellfire and brimstone for the Texans - just a nuclear disaster internally and externally, everyone there needs to lose several billion dollars in this single transaction. I want everything to be an abject failure going forward (and I'm sort of there, even if they DO work things out with Watson; I might shift if Bieniemy comes in at the last second, but I might give that less than 1% odds).

I'm a fan of nobody. I'm here to stop and giggle at the train wreck that is the Houston Texans.

6 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Culley is not a Ravens guy.

He is a 17 year Andy Reid guy.

• 1999-2010 Philly WR coach
  • 2011-2012 Philly Senior Assistant / WR coach
  • 2013-2016 KC Assistant Head Coach / WR coach 
  • 2 years in the 1990s with Wyche (another Walsh guy) and 3 years with Cowher
  • Bills 2017-2018
  • Ravens 2019-2020

This guy is tree'd up big time.

He also knows Watson a bit from the pro bowl and from what I have heard they hit it off well.

I'd be OK with everything Texans right now except they still have the 3rd worst person in football in their organization.

• Mike Brown and Dan Snyder are untouchable at the top of the dangerous idiots in the NFL list.

Yup. IDK, @ET80, if I'm you, I'd be pretty excited about this hire. It's a good hire that would keep a guy like Watson in the mix in Houston. He could smooth a lot of things over. Been an AHC a couple of years, but has been around the block for a while. Wyche, Reid and Cowher as his head coaches is definitely a good sign. Great talent developer. Has connections all over the league to very talented coaches and could put together a helluva staff.