Montrezl Harrell to the Lakers

J-ALL-DAY

I'll go from liking this move to loving it if we can bring in Gasol.

Right now with guys like Harrell and McGee we don't really have a big man to bang down low defensively against the likes of Embiid, Jokic, etc.

AD isn't the best defending against bigger/stronger centers and I don't want him wasting his energy defending those types anyways.

17 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'll go from liking this move to loving it if we can bring in Gasol.

Right now with guys like Harrell and McGee we don't really have a big man to bang down low defensively against the likes of Embiid, Jokic, etc.

AD isn't the best defending against bigger/stronger centers and I don't want him wasting his energy defending those types anyways.

I like the moves so far. If they can work a sign + trade for Bogdanovic, I'll like them even more.

I dont like losing Dwight - not because he's a long term answer to anyting but primarily because I think this years version was an upgrade over McGee and if Gasol's the dropback - I dont like his game. I see him as an unathletic blob.....who might be necessary at this point. We're not there yet - dont necessarily need him yet - but if we do (and we get him) he'd fill a hole - but I'd be unenthusiastic about it.

Would have liked Bradley - but the teams tight on the cap two years straight and they're making due with a roster in severe transition - winning a championship along the way - so I'm not complaining.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

I dont like losing Dwight - not because he's a long term answer to anyting but primarily because I think this years version was an upgrade over McGee and if Gasol's the dropback - I dont like his game. I see him as an unathletic blob.....who might be necessary at this point. We're not there yet - dont necessarily need him yet - but if we do (and we get him) he'd fill a hole - but I'd be unenthusiastic about it.

Gasol looked a little cooked at times last year, but I don't think we would have to play him as much as the Raptors have the past 2 years and its also a shorter season, so we can save his legs. He's still a nice floor spacer. He hit 38.5% of his threes on 3.4 attempts last year. He's still a good passer. He's still a good low post defender for those bigger centers who are a handful around the basket. That last one is where Howard came in most handy during that Nuggets series against Jokic.

If we get Gasol to come in for the minimum.... its a no brainer. We had Dudley (was great for locker room culture tho), JR, Waiters, and Cook on min deals. 

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Gasol looked a little cooked at times last year, but I don't think we would have to play him as much as the Raptors have the past 2 years and its also a shorter season, so we can save his legs. He's still a nice floor spacer. He hit 38.5% of his threes on 3.4 attempts last year. He's still a good passer. He's still a good low post defender for those bigger centers who are a handful around the basket. That last one is where Howard came in most handy during that Nuggets series against Jokic.

If we get Gasol to come in for the minimum.... its a no brainer. We had Dudley (was great for locker room culture tho), JR, Waiters, and Cook on min deals. 

I think Marc Gasol would be the dream scenario.  Limit him to 12-16 MPG, maybe 20 MPG when you're playing against teams with bigger lineups.