Week 13: VIKINGS (5-6) vs Jaguars (1-10)

swede700

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

At least the won.... tbh idc how they win right now, it’s 2020, we can’t get Lawrence, something is bound to be weird come the playoffs.

Someone made a comment about us being a perennial contender. I think thats true, but this team almost never controls its own destiny.

22 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

I think Zimmer and Kubiak need let Kirk loose. Sometimes you gotta throw to set up the run. When you see eight-nine men in the box, punish them with the pass! 

The offense will never let loose as long as Zimmer is the HC. Just doesn’t fit the personality of his desired team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

The offense will never let loose as long as Zimmer is the HC. Just doesn’t fit the personality of his desired team.

The offense hasn't been the problem this year, but this wasn't one of their best games. The O-line struggled in particular, so it's not like Kirk was going to drop back an bomb away. Let's keep in mind that the Packers looked like this against the Jaguars a few weeks ago when they won 24-20 too. 

That was a lucky win, especially missing 5 points on kicks.  Then, you have the offense allowing 7 points, so again, the D stood up and played -- without Kendricks.  

On O, it's all the O-line.  Dozier was bad allowing pressures up the middle all day.  Heck, even O'Neill kinda whiffed on the sack he gave up.  Blitzes for the most part, were picked up by backs, but still, Cousins didn't have a clean pocket a lot of the times he was set up to pass.  

Dalvin crossed the 100-yrd barrier again, so was the running game bad?  Eh, by the standards we've had with Adrian and Dalvin the past 12-13 years, yeah, it was mundane, but effective.  Did you see how much time the Jags had the ball the first half?  The Vikes flipped a 10-minute deficit in the 2nd half and held possession throughout most of OT.  

It was an ugly win, but when you give up pick-6s, don't stop the run and allow a desperate team to hang around, things are gonna be exciting.  For the record, the half-tiime adjustments made by the Offensive and Defensive coaching staffs were brilliant!

3 hours ago, upriser7 said:

Kubiak called an awful game...so so tired of those awful runs on early downs

I hate to say it.... but I do get it. You do it to get the run going. If the run starts going you have a hard time losing..... our run game didn’t start going until our pass offense opened up tho.

3 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Someone made a comment about us being a perennial contender. I think thats true, but this team almost never controls its own destiny.

Worst part about it. Looking at the others schedules. We damn near don’t even have to beat the Saints or the Bucs and we have a shot now

18 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Worst part about it. Looking at the others schedules. We damn near don’t even have to beat the Saints or the Bucs and we have a shot now

PFF gives us a 32% chance to make the playoffs according to their model. I have no idea how that is calculated.

I'd like to understand the math behind that.