2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

I'm curious if he's a gunner on punt returns though. If he is, I like this signing lol. 

For the most part, I like the tools he seems to have, but it's a depth signing for competition and may the best man win. Maybe he wins it, maybe Jennings wins a bigger role, or James or Hurd. I don't mind going quantity there. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm curious if he's a gunner on punt returns though. If he is, I like this signing lol. 

For the most part, I like the tools he seems to have, but it's a depth signing for competition and may the best man win. Maybe he wins it, maybe Jennings wins a bigger role, or James or Hurd. I don't mind going quantity there. 

Don't think you can ever have enough depth at WR and CB. Always good to have battles there on the bottom of the roster.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Game speed is obviously different, but he ran a 4.45 at his pro day at 203 (although he is apparently closer to 220 now) for what it's worth.

His athletic profile is not far off from Bourne's. A little more straight line speed, not quite as agile. I could easily see how this appeals to the niners and they find a solid replacement here for much cheaper. 

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Trubisky at 2.5 would have been nice.

Yeah, seeing that price tag I can immediately chalk that up as we just didn't want him lol. Even in our cap situation, I can't imagine that we weren't willing to push that price tag. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, seeing that price tag I can immediately chalk that up as we just didn't want him lol. Even in our cap situation, I can't imagine that we weren't willing to push that price tag. 

Maybe Trubisky just loves the blistering cold. Can't get much worse than Chicago in that regard. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

We can't do better than Flacco though??? Like c'mon...free agency was going sooooooo good. I knew they would find a way to piss me off smdh.

I think we're doing pretty good if the only thing to be upset about is our backup QB. Personally I'd rather see what Rosen has, but who knows how he's looked in the limited time with the team. 

16 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

We can't do better than Flacco though??? Like c'mon...free agency was going sooooooo good. I knew they would find a way to piss me off smdh.

You could certainly argue that Trubs >>>> Flacco. I mean, I'd much rather do that. But flacco has familiarity with both the system and with Scangarello. This staff loves it's personal connections. Like loves loves loves. 

Dalton and Tyrod were better options and there's no way that we could afford them based on the deals that they ultimately got. Mariota hasn't been released yet but he also can't stay healthy...not sure how that's going to fly right now. Brissett got 5 milion on a one year deal...can't hide that cap hit, so that's likely out of our price range. I don't think Flacco is any worse than Alex at this point (Alex looked really bad last year, I thought). Boyle has thrown 4 passes, so I don't know that we can know anything about him (though he obviously has familiarity with a similar scheme). 

There's really not much I can be bothered by in this situation. Would I have taken Trubs? Sure. Would I understand someone not wanting anything to do with him? Also sure lol.