2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We still likely have around 16-17M in cap space and this is before Tomlinson's potential extension. Enough to make a few more singings, such as bringing back K'waun and Hyder. 

If we bring back Hyder, then the DL is all but set. They may still take an edge at some point in the draft, but really no longer a big need. May even be able to bring back Blair. 

The Jets haven't really addressed the corner position yet so I wonder if they are the team that will be bringing in Sherman. Could be the Raiders but interested in seeing where he lands. 

It is closer to $10M

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's not taking into consideration the Ford restructure I believe. 

Are we ever going to hear what his new contract looks like? It seems like it should have been available by now. 

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's not taking into consideration the Ford restructure I believe. 

Correct. I still don't see it updated and I have yet to hear the terms anywhere. On OTC, jason is still counting 20 million against the cap for ford. 

In theory, we could have saved up to 13 million, but there's been no talk of voidable years added, so my guess is that we restructured a lot less. I've seen a lot of mentions of about 5 million being the most likely amount saved 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Correct. I still don't see it updated and I have yet to hear the terms anywhere. On OTC, jason is still counting 20 million against the cap for ford. 

In theory, we could have saved up to 13 million, but there's been no talk of voidable years added, so my guess is that we restructured a lot less. I've seen a lot of mentions of about 5 million being the most likely amount saved 

I was thinking it would save around 6M and definitely not 13M. But that 6M is obviously still huge. 

We would pretty much sign K'waun and Hyder with the money saved with Ford's restructure. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We still likely have around 16-17M in cap space and this is before Tomlinson's potential extension. Enough to make a few more singings, such as bringing back K'waun and Hyder. 

If we bring back Hyder, then the DL is all but set. They may still take an edge at some point in the draft, but really no longer a big need. May even be able to bring back Blair. 

The Jets haven't really addressed the corner position yet so I wonder if they are the team that will be bringing in Sherman. Could be the Raiders but interested in seeing where he lands. 

I wonder if teams are not waiting on Sherman because they don't want to commit to him as a corner, so if he goes through the whole wave of free agency unsigned, then he might be more open to signing as a safety. He'd be terrific in that role, but who is going to go tell Sherman he's not a probowl corner anymore?

8 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I wonder if teams are not waiting on Sherman because they don't want to commit to him as a corner, so if he goes through the whole wave of free agency unsigned, then he might be more open to signing as a safety. He'd be terrific in that role, but who is going to go tell Sherman he's not a probowl corner anymore?

His coverage numbers were still good in the limited games he played. No different than the years past. But he's open to playing safety and has mentioned that on the podcast. I just think the market is cold at the moment for him and others unfortunately. May even wait until after the draft to sign with a team. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

His coverage numbers were still good in the limited games he played. No different than the years past. But he's open to playing safety and has mentioned that on the podcast. I just think the market is cold at the moment for him and others unfortunately. May even wait until after the draft to sign with a team. 

He's still good at what he does, but I guess the league is going away from what he does best, these days. Just look at what Saleh did with the coverages when Sherman was injured. 

Yeah, he has been openly open to playing safety, but he's still marketing himself as a corner. Is it possible that a team offering him a corner job is more likely to sign him than a team offering him a safety spot? He'll exhaust all his options at corner before he takes a safety offer, I think.

Biggest problem with Sherman is that he is getting older and has had a  lot of injury problems the past few years. I stll think he is great and wherever he goes he competes to be a starter either at CB or in case he loses out at S but i think the price tag will be lower than what he might be looking for at this point in FA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Kind of weird. I don't know if Pittsburgh would be the place I'd take a one year deal to increase my value. I can understand not going to Baltimore, but apparently KC made a push for him. If I'm trying to increase my value as a receiver, KC would be a dream scenario. 

• Like 1