2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

I love niners twitter acting like this is a clear sign that the niners aren't taking Mac at 3. Some of the logic these guys put out there is incredible. 

Like no....this could mean that Carolina really liked Mac and no longer think that they have a plan and they preferred Darnold over the others lol 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I think Lance will be the one to drop. He is too much of a wild card as raw as he is...

This was my initial thought too a few weeks back, but NFL people make it seem like he's really well liked. Allbright in particular had been driving that bus about a team like Atlanta really, really liking him. Trevor Sikkema also had him going #3 super early in the draft process (well before we actually made the trade up), so I don't know. Maybe the NFL just doesn't mind it. The most raw part of his game is throwing the football, and maybe that doesn't bother teams. 

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

I love niners twitter acting like this is a clear sign that the niners aren't taking Mac at 3. Some of the logic these guys put out there is incredible. 

Like no....this could mean that Carolina really liked Mac and no longer think that they have a plan and they preferred Darnold over the others lol 

Would fit in with the reports that teams evaluations of Fields are all over the place. I think Albright & Brandt have both said that. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

1 hour ago, Forge said:

This was my initial thought too a few weeks back, but NFL people make it seem like he's really well liked. Allbright in particular had been driving that bus about a team like Atlanta really, really liking him. Trevor Sikkema also had him going #3 super early in the draft process (well before we actually made the trade up), so I don't know. Maybe the NFL just doesn't mind it. The most raw part of his game is throwing the football, and maybe that doesn't bother teams. 

All these people trying to read the tea leaves is hilarious to me. We traded up to 3 and Carolina really likes Jones, so they decided to trade for Darnold so we must be taking Jones, but at the same time Atlanta is really high on Trey Lance and now they are posturing to trade back, so we must be taking Lance. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

All these people trying to read the tea leaves is hilarious to me. We traded up to 3 and Carolina really likes Jones, so they decided to trade for Darnold so we must be taking Jones, but at the same time Atlanta is really high on Trey Lance and now they are posturing to trade back, so we must be taking Lance. 

giphy.gif

It's hilarious. 

You can seriously cut it any way you want your perception to be. I still think the damn pick is Fields LMAO which is even funnier for me. 

The argument niners twitter is making is that Carolina and hte rest of the NFL aren't as high on Mac, and that's a strange direction to take it in my opinion. I saw one person basically say, "well, if we were taking Mac, that leaves them Lance / Fields and there's no way that they would take Darnold then!" but nobody knows anyone's board. Like come on lol. 

45 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I am really starting to wonder if the Jets could pick Fields over Wilson at this point, I would not be surprised.

I think its wishful thinking at this point. I don't see too many GMs going Fields over Wilson at this point. Maybe earlier on in the process but not now. Unless of course Wilson is just a total **** personality wise and doesn't mesh w/Saleh/McDaniels as far as rapport.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's hilarious. 

You can seriously cut it any way you want your perception to be. I still think the damn pick is Fields LMAO which is even funnier for me. 

The argument niners twitter is making is that Carolina and hte rest of the NFL aren't as high on Mac, and that's a strange direction to take it in my opinion. I saw one person basically say, "well, if we were taking Mac, that leaves them Lance / Fields and there's no way that they would take Darnold then!" but nobody knows anyone's board. Like come on lol. 

This to me makes the most sense. But if we're being honest, we don't know what Shanahan and Lynch are thinking anymore than and of the Niner tweeters do. It's going to be a loooong month. 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

This to me makes the most sense. But if we're being honest, we don't know what Shanahan and Lynch are thinking anymore than and of the Niner tweeters do. It's going to be a loooong month. 

Exactly. It's a fun thing to chat about, but I don't think anyone should be drawing conclusions about anything based on some of these things. 

I actually am really fascinated by the Carolina thing though. Because it really does mean that they don't have someone rated as highly as the other 4. Honestly, it could mean that they don't have two people rated that highly if you really think about it. 

It's weird for them to make this trade right now before seeing who is going to fall QB wise. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Exactly. It's a fun thing to chat about, but I don't think anyone should be drawing conclusions about anything based on some of these things. 

I actually am really fascinated by the Carolina thing though. Because it really does mean that they don't have someone rated as highly as the other 4. Honestly, it could mean that they don't have two people rated that highly if you really think about it. 

It's weird for them to make this trade right now before seeing who is going to fall QB wise. 

I agree on the timing. Why not wait it out and see how things fall? Maybe there was someone else in play for Darnold. For the life of me I still do not understand the lovefest for Darnold. Maybe he can be fixed, but they gave up a lot to find out. I guess we just gave up a fortune too and we don't have the slightest idea who it is yet haha. 

17 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

The Darnold trade just has me giddy for what will be our haul for Jimmy. 

Depends as it takes one team off the market for him. Also now puts the Pats in prime position to get a QB with a little trade up to the top 10. 

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

The Darnold trade just has me giddy for what will be our haul for Jimmy. 

I still think his value is a only a 3rd or a conditional pick 4th that can escalate to a 2nd or something like that. 

His value will be higher next offseason and we will have more suitors as well, especially if we get it going before free agency. 

55 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I still think his value is a only a 3rd or a conditional pick 4th that can escalate to a 2nd or something like that. 

His value will be higher next offseason and we will have more suitors as well, especially if we get it going before free agency. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Depends as it takes one team off the market for him. Also now puts the Pats in prime position to get a QB with a little trade up to the top 10. 

There are still a slew of teams in need of a starting caliber QB. Depending on how the draft shakes out, as well as how certain vets look in TC/preseason, Jimmy could be very attractive towards the end of the preseason.