2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

We are going to sign Gio, right?

Wouldn't mind it. Mostert is great but always gets banged up and Wilson is a good back-up but Hasty didn't exactly impress last season and only other one on the roster is Walter.

Unless we decide we have money to burn and overpay for him offcourse.

Edited by Justone2

21 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

If that jump was for Mac Jones, I'd much rather, 10 times out of 10, give up that package for Darnold and try to salvage something, and I had pretty adamantly been anti Darnold lol 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Forge said:

If that jump was for Mac Jones, I'd much rather, 10 times out of 10, give up that package for Darnold and try to salvage something, and I had pretty adamantly been anti Darnold lol 

Well as someone who was pro Darnold, I agree. If we gave up all of that just to draft MacNugget, we made the wrong play. I could easily live with that compensation for Darnold, with the plan being he's the back-up to Jimmy for a year. 

• Like 1

Just now, 757-NINER said:

Well as someone who was pro Darnold, I agree. If we gave up all of that just to draft MacNugget, we made the wrong play. I could easily live with that compensation for Darnold, with the plan being he's the back-up to Jimmy for a year. 

And it would haven given us the Darnold/Rosen bust-off 2021! CAGE MATCH

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I'm not a fan of Darnold. Wasn't big on him coming out and he just looks broken now. I wouldn't have given up what CAR gave up for him, but if our plan is to pick Jones then I'd rather sink the cost they gave up for Darnold than what we gave up for McCorkle. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 49to5er said:

Alright so we signed Nate Sudsy. Any implications about Jimmy with this? 

No, but likely means that Mullens isn't back, which I think is somewhat unfortunate. Mullens can't play, but he's very, very well regarded for his study and understanding. Would have been a boon to a rookie QB imo 

Fun nugget...its possible that three of our Qbs have super bowl rings if the Bucs give one to Rosen lol (they can give one at their discretion). Jimmy has his, Sudfeld has one from the eagles' win, and Rosen could have one from last year.