2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

We should re-sign kwon for like 1 year, 2 million. Even if he can't play, I'd love to have his fire back

Would u rather have Kwon or Sherman back? I’m hoping we get at least one more corner in FA before or after the draft. Our depth is atrocious! If Verret can’t stay healthy, it’s Mosley and Dontae out there 😬

3 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Would u rather have Kwon or Sherman back? I’m hoping we get at least one more corner in FA before or after the draft. Our depth is atrocious! If Verret can’t stay healthy, it’s Mosley and Dontae out there 😬

Good question. Sherm can play this year, but kwon is like motivation on steroids

29 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Definitely Sherman. Hard to count on him staying healthy but I would feel a whole a lot better of the secondary if he came back. His coverage numbers were still the same as always. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely Sherman. Hard to count on him staying healthy but I would feel a whole a lot better of the secondary if he came back. His coverage numbers were still the same as always. 

Agreed. A OLB won't move the needle as much as one of the smartest CBs in the game, who knows the ins and outs of the system. Ryans could also lean on Sherm as a coach on the field type to help his transition to DC. Not to mention Sherm still competes at a high level. He does more for this defense in its current construction. And I know he sees the depth we're building upfront and he's probably salvating at all the ints he'll have a chance to grab if he returns.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

I wouldn't mind grabbing Ertz not sure if he is willing to be TE2. But also is he still good anymore? He had a bad season but everyone on the eagles did. 

I would be all for it. Even if he has declined, he could still be better than those we have behind Kittle. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I would be all for it. Even if he has declined, he could still be better than those we have behind Kittle. 

Yeah I mean it's either we roll with Dwelley as TE2, sign Darren Fells or Tyler Eifert, or go after Ertz in June.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

sounds like we’re closing in on putting the finishing touches on our secondary.

This guy is not reliable and just goes off reports out there but I'm not really sure what the point would be to signing Jefferson? 

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This guy is not reliable and just goes off reports out there but I'm not really sure what the point would be to signing Jefferson? 

I know we’ve been in contact with Jefferson. Last I heard he was coming in for a physical a couple weeks back. Glad to hear we are trying to bring Sherm back; hopefully he can stay healthy if we bring him back. 

40 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

My guess is that maybe they see Harris and Hufanga as big nickel or dime backers and less strong safeties. Jefferson and Wilson are strong safeties with Wilson being a special teams ace.

I think the battles are Jefferson vs Wilson as the backup to Tartt and Hufanga vs Harris for money backer/3rd strong safety.