2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I said it earlier in this thread, but my guess would be Waugh, most likely? 

Based on current role it seems very likely altough we could bring in someone from the outside who knows.

On one hand it sucks losing guys like this but it also means we do things right. Overall i am always a huge fan of promoting from the bottom(if guys deserve it offcourse) unless you really want to shake things up. It's why i loved how we changed our defensive coaching staff two years ago and brought in Kocurek and Woods to fix things that wheren't working. Creating your own pipeline of coaches is always worth it.

Edited by Justone2

Wasn't it a stroke of luck that we got Peters, anyway? My memory was that Denver could have just denied us permission to interview him, but for whatever reason Elway let him join us (favour to Mike Shanahan?)

Not sure who we could get externally, might have to be an internal hire, but i have no clue who does what in our FO. 

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Wasn't it a stroke of luck that we got Peters, anyway? My memory was that Denver could have just denied us permission to interview him, but for whatever reason Elway let him join us (favour to Mike Shanahan?)

Not sure who we could get externally, might have to be an internal hire, but i have no clue who does what in our FO. 

Yeah they let him go to us i think partly because Lynch and Elway are good with eachother and i think the respect Shanahan has around the league didn't hurt either. 

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Highly unlikely

That would actually make a lot of sense. Jets have the cap space to trade for Jimmy and still go after other free agents. Jimmy could be let go after the season with no dead money. 

But if they aren't sold on Darnold, then might as well draft Fields or Wilson and start all over. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Implying Saleh to the Jets is likely to happen. 

Maybe he meant to say,

Wonder how much moving TO having an OC backgrounded in Shanahan offense (LaFleur/McDaniel) will help Darnold...

I understood the implication that this meant Saleh to the Jets, but that sentence was hard to process lol  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But if they aren't sold on Darnold, then might as well draft Fields or Wilson and start all over. 

This. 

There's just no reason to cast off Darnold for Jimmy in any situation. If you're going to move off Darnold, you just reset with your #2 overall pick.