Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Carr is definitely not a Top 10 QB. Highest you can have a debate at is 12. He falls more in the 13-15 range if you rank up all the QBs on a list. And personally about 15 sounds about right.

Considering you're the QB guru around here and have shown to have exceptional skills when evaluating Qb's do you have Carr ranked ahead of your "eilte, can't miss, yellow jacket, generational talent" Tua? 

Give me a break spewing this trash and care to share where you have Carr ranked as a building block QB?

Carr is definitely not a Top 10 QB. Highest you can have a debate at is 12. He falls more in the 13-15 range if you rank up all the QBs on a list. And personally about 15 sounds about right.

He's in that 2nd tier and the order in that tier will vary from year to year.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

You should really stop making statements like Carr is a middle of the road QB and throw in I think.

You mean the consensus opinion that Carr is ranked from 12-16...? Find me a non Raider fan that has Carr ranked Top 10 going into 2021. Heck, find me someone on this forum. Many of you don't live in reality and quite bias.

Edited by BayRaider

25 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You mean the consensus opinion that Carr is ranked from 12-16...? Find me a non Raider fan that has Carr ranked Top 10 going into 2021. Heck, find me someone on this forum. Many of you don't live in reality and quite bias.

I don't know PFF has Carr ranked 8th right now. Now find me 12-16 ranking.

• Like 1

I think Carr is firmly within the upper middle class of QBs. Probably anywhere from 10-13. I think he's definitely better than Cousins, Ryan, Murray, and Mayfield right now. I would take him over Stafford.

Elite

1. Mahomes

2. Rodgers

3. Wilson

High-end

4. Watson

5. Allen

6. Tannehill

7. Herbert

8. Brady

9. Jackson

Upper middle class QBs

10. Prescott

11. Carr

12. Stafford

13. Ryan

14. Cousins

15. Murray

16. Mayfield

Middle class QBs

17. Roethlisberger

18. Burrow

19. Goff

20. Garoppolo

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think Carr is firmly within the upper middle class of QBs. Probably anywhere from 10-13. I think he's definitely better than Cousins, Ryan, Murray, and Mayfield right now. I would take him over Stafford.

Elite

1. Mahomes

2. Rodgers

3. Wilson

High-end

4. Watson

5. Allen

6. Tannehill

7. Herbert

8. Brady

9. Jackson

Upper middle class QBs

10. Prescott

11. Carr

12. Stafford

13. Ryan

14. Cousins

15. Murray

16. Mayfield

Middle class QBs

17. Roethlisberger

18. Burrow

19. Goff

20. Garoppolo

Absolutely no chance Carr is better than Ryan or Stafford. And 98% of that thread had Carr outside the Top 10. Most of them, way outside. Ryan in Grudens scheme would be way more dominant than Carr. And watch Ryan tear up the league again now that bum Koetter is finally gone.

Edited by BayRaider

54 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I don't know PFF has Carr ranked 8th right now. Now find me 12-16 ranking.

Don't know if that's true or not, but I believe that is their "Seasonal Grade". So he was their 8th best QB for the 2020 season only. (If what you say is even true). If you go by that logic, Mahomes isn't even a Top 4 QB in the NFL according to PFF. One season is Power Rankings, not Rankings.

Edited by BayRaider

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Absolutely no chance Carr is better than Ryan or Stafford. And 98% of that thread had Carr outside the Top 10. Most of them, way outside. Ryan in Grudens scheme would be way more dominant than Carr. And watch Ryan tear up the league again now that bum Koetter is finally gone.

Well, it's nice that you think that. I know you have a lot riding on Carr's failure, but he's right up there with Stafford and Ryan--the numbers and film over the last two seasons bear that out. Also, I believe your question was: "Find me a non Raider fan that has Carr ranked Top 10 going into 2021. Heck, find me someone on this forum." I believe that thread has a couple posters with Carr in the top 10.

The reality is, Carr has been playing outside his "comfort zone" in Gruden's offense and has thrived. Funny you think Ryan will play well in a scheme that suits him but don't give Carr credit for playing well in a scheme that doesn't. When most thought Carr would get eaten alive by the complexity of Gruden's scheme and the abrasiveness of Gruden's personality, he has instead elevated himself into a good to very good starting NFL quarterback.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Don't know if that's true or not, but I believe that is their "Seasonal Grade". So he was their 8th best QB for the 2020 season only. (If what you say is even true).

He had a similar grade and ranking in 2019.

Derek Carr has been getting a lot of slander about his on-field performance in 2019, but it wasn’t nearly as bad as what some might think. His 81.2 passing grade was the ninth best and was reminiscent of his 2015 and 2016 seasons when he had the sixth-best two-year PFF grade among quarterbacks. It took him a couple of years to get back to that form from his broken fibula suffered at the end of 2016, but Carr has proven he is every bit of a top-12 quarterback in the NFL.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-every-nfl-teams-quarterback-situation-by-need

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

He's in that 2nd tier and the order in that tier will vary from year to year.

No he's not. Second tier is Brady, Allen, Tannehil, Jackson, Ryan, and arguably Prescott (wouldn't have an issue with Prescott in the third tier). Carr is in the tier of Stafford, Cousins, Mayfield, Herbert (hard to evaluate due to one year, could easily be in the Second Tier instead of Third), and Murray.

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Aw jeez, not this shit again

Don't worry, out of this thread another few weeks. Made one comment and 87 replies to it. People still think Carr is the savior... I will admit, he is good value for his contract. However, if that goes out the window and he gets 33M+ a year, that argument is dead and gone.