2020 Coaching Carousel Thread

JammerHammer21

6 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

kansas has willie fritz at the top of their list? LOL

It's Kansas. You can do worse than a guy who took Tulane to three straight bowl games. They had only been to two total bowl games from 2000 until Fritz was hired in 2016. If I were them, Lance Leipold would be at the top of my list, but I wouldn't think he'd take the job.

On 3/9/2021 at 9:15 PM, jrry32 said:

It's Kansas. You can do worse than a guy who took Tulane to three straight bowl games. They had only been to two total bowl games from 2000 until Fritz was hired in 2016. If I were them, Lance Leipold would be at the top of my list, but I wouldn't think he'd take the job.

To be fair (and a bit of a homer), I wouldn't be too quick to leave Tulane myself.

Kansas is going to be a tough tough sell to virtually anyone at this point given the extreme instability there. I was surprised when Miles first took the job in the first place. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2021 at 4:24 PM, jrry32 said:

Kansas just hired Lance Leipold. Wow. That's a hell of a hire.

Well, Leipold knows the Midwest but, man, Kansas is the place coaches go to die. He should've waited until Matt Campbell inevitably left Iowa State for a major school or NFL job.

Leipold is a phenomenal coach but you literally cannot fix Kansas, it's impossible, the combination of no money, bad facilities, and the history of ineptitude making recruiting long term impossible and there will never be enough talent defensively to be able to keep pace in the Big XII.

53 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Leipold is a phenomenal coach but you literally cannot fix Kansas, it's impossible, the combination of no money, bad facilities, and the history of ineptitude making recruiting long term impossible and there will never be enough talent defensively to be able to keep pace in the Big XII.

If Kansas St. can do it, Kansas can do it.

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Mark Mangino had a good run there. Just gotta build it up and create momentum.