2020 Coaching Carousel Thread

JammerHammer21

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Power 5 shot in general.

So I think it has to be in a spot where he's got a better chance than at Navy, which is a conference championship school and a shot at the NY6.  

He's also got to be willing to adapt and pick someone to lead a non-triple option offense as well.  Paul Johnson proved that it's going to be a failure unless you have to run it, like at the service academies.  

Ken is a fantastic leader of men though.  I've been inspired by him on more than one occasion being close to the team.  

9 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So I think it has to be in a spot where he's got a better chance than at Navy, which is a conference championship school and a shot at the NY6.  

Agreed. 

He's also got to be willing to adapt and pick someone to lead a non-triple option offense as well.  Paul Johnson proved that it's going to be a failure unless you have to run it, like at the service academies.  

I think I read he would move on from the triple option. 

Ken is a fantastic leader of men though.  I've been inspired by him on more than one occasion being close to the team.  

I've heard it often of him, from you included. It's arguably the most important thing for college to me outside of the ability to recruit - and they can go hand in hand. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Agreed. 

I think I read he would move on from the triple option. 

I've heard it often of him, from you included. It's arguably the most important thing for college to me outside of the ability to recruit - and they can go hand in hand. 

Yeah he won’t be running TTO away from Navy but he wants to do it on his terms.  BYU wanted to hand pick his OC and he said no.  Before Arizona butchered it the last time around his OC was going to be Kenny Dillingham.  

A good way to get Dino Babers fired?

Every underclassman on Syracuse including incoming recruits should threaten to transfer if he isn't fired. If every Syracuse underclassman transfers next year, with a blanket waiver in place Syracuse will not have a team next year.

13 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Almost like the wrong coach got dismissed. 

I mean, he got murdered by OSU two years in a row and probably avoided having 70 put up this year by not playing. And the defense wasn't good against anyone. This does not tell the story of Michigan's defense.

I don't think he's a bad coach and would expect him to get a decent job, but his time at Michigan was done.

4 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

I mean, he got murdered by OSU two years in a row and probably avoided having 70 put up this year by not playing. And the defense wasn't good against anyone. This does not tell the story of Michigan's defense.

I don't think he's a bad coach and would expect him to get a decent job, but his time at Michigan was done.

Oh he should be gone along with the entire staff.  The point was that Harbomb should've been the first one dismissed.

17 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Can he recruit?

Does anybody have Harbaugh's number? I want to call him to let him know about a brilliant DC named Todd Grantham. He's truly revolutionary. He has this incredible system that lets the offense wear itself out by allowing them so much space to run free. It's like letting a boxer punch himself out. 

what 2 years ago you had to fire your OC cause the offense wasnt very good, still isnt very good and now you fire the DC because the defense hasnt been good. They need to realize it comes down to the HC. Harbs is a great recruiter but his schtick is starting to wear off and isnt dominating in recruiting like he or the school should be doing. All his billings of master motivator, QB guru, amazing recruiter, and etc arent there. His team in big games never live up to the moment outside of the OT loss to tOSU. They have never risen to the occasion and beat a team as an under dog but have lost plenty of games as favorite. He hasnt developed a QB at all in his time there. his QBs usually have a great week1 and Michigan fans start to proclaim they have a QB this year and 2-3weeks later its proven not true. Recruiting started off extremely hot with the cleats and sleep overs but lack of success has lead to it falling.  

Just wish we could have seen tOSU flirt with 80pts. That would have been more on Harbs than Brown because of Harbs running his mouth in the preseason