Did the Jets just blatantly add to the tank?

RaidersAreOne

Did the Jets lose on purpose?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Did the Jets lose on purpose?

• Yes. Blatant tank job.
    • No, they just suck.

Why are Gase and Williams intent on tanking for a QB they’ll have no involvement with?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a baffling play and it certainly makes sense from the organization’s standpoint. But I don’t see why you play hard all game and then go “oh yeah, let’s throw this last play so we lose”? Why not just make it less obvious and call dumb stuff earlier in the game so you’re never actually in the position in the first place?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

Why are Gase and Williams intent on tanking for a QB they’ll have no involvement with?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a baffling play and it certainly makes sense from the organization’s standpoint. But I don’t see why you play hard all game and then go “oh yeah, let’s throw this last play so we lose”? Why not just make it less obvious and call dumb stuff earlier in the game so you’re never actually in the position in the first place?

This is the ONLY thing keeping me from saying it was a 100% tank call. Gase won't be a HC again after his NYJ stint but Williams likely will get DC looks next year on a new team. Why would he go along with a tank and ruin his credibility (if he even has any left) with this disastrous call?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

It was a terrible play call but are we really entertaining that Gase and Gregg Williams are in on the tank when they're virtually guaranteed to be canned in the offseason?

Maybe they have been promised a nice severance package for their efforts

• Like 1

Too many people caught up in motive. Could come from higher up.

All I know is you don't call a Cover 0 Blitz, no Safety Deep, and a 4.6 Speed Corner on Ruggs with 15 seconds left and your opponent at Mid-Field. Nothing like that has ever been called in any league. Not college, not arena football league, nothing. You would never do it unless you are TRYING to lose. A regular blitz while keeping both safety's deep, a 2 Man Under Blitz, would be fully understandable. A Cover 0 Blitz is a clear 100000% tankjob. Motive is irrelevant.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

It was a terrible play call but are we really entertaining that Gase and Gregg Williams are in on the tank when they're virtually guaranteed to be canned in the offseason?

Maybe it comes down from on high. You don't want that following you 

• Like 1

If ownership says look we are going to fire you anyway but we will wait until after the season and give you some bonus money to tank (and they could have fired them much earlier than this point in the season but why haven’t they?) Look at all the other teams with at least a win that have fired their coaches already.