Did the Jets just blatantly add to the tank?

RaidersAreOne

Did the Jets lose on purpose?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Did the Jets lose on purpose?

• Yes. Blatant tank job.
    • No, they just suck.

21 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I know this is completely off topic, but I can't have BLM in my profile, (or a picture of the Broncos protesting as my avatar) yet the thin blue line flag is allowed?

Imo there is zero reason that either of the things you wanted should be blocked if they are allowing a thin blue line emblem. It's every bit as politically charged.

As for the topic, and calls for punishment, is tanking actually against NFL rules? I'm not sure how they could justify removal of draft picks even if a team did blatantly tank. 

For the record, I do think there is a tank job going on here. That's simply a call that has any justification for being made. There's no reason to call a goalie defense to try and defend a hail mary. They had a similar thing happen earlier this year too against the Patriots. Winning late in the 4th, they inexplicably decide to throw into heavy traffic deep down the field on first down when they could have all but iced the game by simply running the ball. Instead they threw the pick allowing the pats to tie it then gave it back again with time on the clock for the pats to get the game winning field goal. The play they got the pats into fg range was an amazingly bad play call they left the pats #1 option wide open.

34 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This is the ONLY thing keeping me from saying it was a 100% tank call. Gase won't be a HC again after his NYJ stint but Williams likely will get DC looks next year on a new team. Why would he go along with a tank and ruin his credibility (if he even has any left) with this disastrous call?

Money aka agreement from higher up not to be fired mid-season would be my guess. No reason Gase should still be there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blazer026 said:

I mean it looked like it. But I doubt the coaching staff will be there next year, so why would they tank? 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Money aka agreement from higher up not to be fired mid-season would be my guess. No reason Gase should still be there. 

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The funny bit is the Jets may  be better off with Justin Fields since he stands a better chance at running for his life.

They're going to ruin whoever they draft for that exact reason. That's not even getting into the lack of a supporting cast either...

Poor Trevor.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I just want to know why they haven’t fired the coaching staff already? If they were really trying to win and not lose? 

The Jets under Chris Johnson have never fired a head coach mid season. Thats the only reason I can cite for why Gase is still employed.

• Like 1