Did the Jets just blatantly add to the tank?

RaidersAreOne

Did the Jets lose on purpose?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Did the Jets lose on purpose?

• Yes. Blatant tank job.
    • No, they just suck.

Maybe. Can’t really prove it. So, it’ll just be a conversation point.

Our coaching staff is out the door at the end of the season. So, it’s hard for me to believe they care about the draft. But the last sequence was awful by Gregg Williams. He had been blitzing all day though.

Our players have been playing hard all year. We came back to take the lead after being done by 11. So, I doubt it’s at that level. The coaching staff though. Again hard to prove.

Edited by SDotNova

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Maybe. Can’t really prove it. So, it’ll just be a conversation point.

Our coaching staff is out the door at the end of the season. So, it’s hard for me to believe they care about the draft. But the last sequence was awful by Gregg Williams. He had been blitzing all day though.

Our players have been playing hard all year. We came back to take the lead after being done by 13. So, I doubt it’s at that level. The coaching staff though. Again hard to prove.

Blitzing is fine in that situation. Blitzing while leaving nobody deep is a joke. Williams is either the worst coach ever or is all in on Lawrence. 

4 minutes ago, QBIso said:

Blitzing is fine in that situation. Blitzing while leaving nobody deep is a joke. Williams is either the worst coach ever or is all in on Lawrence. 

Yea cover 1 was not the right call there. But Gregg won’t be here next year. So what’s it to him? Unless the Jets owner, somehow, is paying them extra on the side. That would be an even bigger story.

But if the coaching staff were tanking, why would they work so hard to pull into the lead after being down 11 in the 3rd?

Tanking is a fan thing. Jets fans want the team to tank. The Jets players have been playing hard all year including this game.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

In fairness though, why not keep from having to go full tank mode with worse play calls to avoid making the comeback from down 24-13? Why rally like that just to give it away on the last play?

Why does the staff that likely isn't coming back regardless really care about tanking? 

The last play sure looked like it, but overall I feel like there's like 20 different things you could do to ensure a loss before you even get to giving up a hail marry opportunity. Not to say I'm convinced it wasn't tanking. I just don't understand why if making sure you lose is the desired outcome you even allow it to get to that point? If it wasn't tanking (and I still lean it probably was) it was the worst defensive play call ever. 

Edited by Mr Raider
  • Like 3