Did the Jets just blatantly add to the tank?

RaidersAreOne

Did the Jets lose on purpose?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Did the Jets lose on purpose?

• Yes. Blatant tank job.
    • No, they just suck.

51 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don't think you realize how coverages work. In no way would you ever do a Cover 0 Blitz (no safety's deep at all), in a Hail Marry situation basically with 15 seconds left (or even a pre hail-marry situation), with a 4.6 Speed Corner on probably the second fastest man in football in Ruggs. You just wouldn't do it.

Oh, I understand the X's and O's of the situation. I'm explaining the rationale behind this poor call. There are tons of times bad coaches don't do the little things like making sure you don't leave a corner 1 on 1 with Ruggs or a TE blocking Khalil Mack 1 on 1. But you forget the Jets are 0-12 for a reason. They are not actively trying to tank, the coaches are just that bad. It makes it look like they're trying to lose, but trust me Williams called that in the hopes it would preserve the win.

3 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Yea cover 1 was not the right call there. But Gregg won’t be here next year. So what’s it to him? Unless the Jets owner, somehow, is paying them extra on the side. That would be an even bigger story.

But if the coaching staff were tanking, why would they work so hard to pull into the lead after being down 11 in the 3rd?

Tanking is a fan thing. Jets fans want the team to tank. The Jets players have been playing hard all year including this game.

That's because the Jets aren't that bad. It's Adam Gase and Greg Williams. This team would be at least .500 with an average coach.

2 hours ago, drew39k said:

Sure they win if the blitz hits home for a sack, but thats quite the gamble considering the Raiders had zero timeouts and needed to go 46 yards. Any completion that didn't result in a TD or out of bounds would have also been a win. They went as far as to leave a DB spying Carr... If you want to blitz fine, rush five have to deep safeties and man zone the rest. The only way to lose game on that play was to give up a TD and thats exactly what they did.

You can't blitz five, man up every possible option and play two deep safeties at the same time.  That'd take 12 dudes