Week 14 GDT: Colts (8-4) @ Raiders (7-5) - THIS IS A PLAYOFF GAME!

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • Not the home team
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He's been decidedly average. I wouldn't say a bust, but he's clearly not playing behind Aaron Donald any more 

Aaron makes a lot of guys better than they are. But Cory showed playmaking abilities and was a great coverage LB.. Struggles really bad at run D,

he’s just very little and doesn’t have much mass.. Our defense has been super good because we have thumpers at LBs.

Sucks to hear. Would love him back. It’s deff a scheme issue. and he probably isn’t comfortable going outside the box or gambling. He’s trying to be fundamentally sound and that’s not him... He’s a CB playing LB. 

8 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Aaron makes a lot of guys better than they are. But Cory showed playmaking abilities and was a great coverage LB.. Struggles really bad at run D,

he’s just very little and doesn’t have much mass.. Our defense has been super good because we have thumpers at LBs.

Sucks to hear. Would love him back. It’s deff a scheme issue. and he probably isn’t comfortable going outside the box or gambling. He’s trying to be fundamentally sound and that’s not him... He’s a CB playing LB. 

It's a scheme issue. He needs to be playing weakside LB. At strongside, he's being asked to do things he's not good at. He can still run and cover.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's a scheme issue. He needs to be playing weakside LB. At strongside, he's being asked to do things he's not good at. He can still run and cover.

Hope he rebounds. Super nice guy. Wish him the best. I’m surprised he’s been bad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

🤢 Worley dude was getting picked on when he saw the field with the Cowboys. 

He can play safety and CB and knows the system. Can’t  pickup anyone better at this point in the season. That’s assuming we only signed him because Arnette, Johnson and Lawson and banged up 

Edited by Blazer026
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

He can play safety and CB and knows the system. Can’t  pickup anyone better at this point in the season. That’s assuming we only signed him because Arnette, Johnson and Lawson and banged up 

I'd rather see him at safety than CB. Hopefully Isaiah Johnson is good to go.

Carr and the pass rush need to show up big.

If we are without Jacobs, Abram, Brown, and Johnson we could be in big big trouble.

I think we lose a close one as of today, but as we get closer to an injury report, I'll have a better idea of what is going to happen.

If most of the guys above are healthy, I will pick us to win.

Daryl Worley singing to me means they dont feel good about I.Johnson cause I dont think you make this move if Johnson is able to play. When I think of Daryl Worley I just see him getting dusted by AJ Brown. Dude played press coverage and didn't even try to jam him at the start of his route. 

Edited by agarcia34

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

This should be a spread them out shotgun type of game for the Offense. Obviously try to get the run game working, but don't be stubborn about it. Their path to win is through the air much like the game against KC in Vegas. 

I was thinking about how Philip Rivers throws have been sailing in the air more than ever before.  He doesn't have a lot of power behind his passing game these days.  I was wondering if playing more zone and keeping our eyes on the QB would help.  I think we can get some turnovers against him.  I know he's dealing with a toe injury and if we can rock him early, we might be able to get him to make some mistakes.  We just need to create a couple turnovers and keep the pressure off DC.  I don't expect our run game to be relevant, which I would want it to be of course, but if we are going to win this, it's going to be because DC is given time in the pocket to pick apart their defense.

On 12/8/2020 at 4:25 PM, agarcia34 said:

Waller will have his chances he needs to dominate the middle of the field with their zone defense they like to run. 

Hopefully with the play Ruggs made that allows him and Carr to start clicking and we see more connections between the two and for the longest time Carr and Nelly were in sync and for whatever reason the past two weeks that has not been the case. Gonna need everyone's A game on offense

We need to run that same stutter route very early in the game with Ruggs to get the DBs backing off and then we can get the ball in his hands on shorter routes and with the safeties hopefully playing deep Waller and Renfrow can feast on their zones. Quite excited about his game, I always feel like with Rivers in there he always gives you chances. We seem to always get pressure on him too and put him off even though he's playing on a completely different team. I think we might sneak another nail biter!

20 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I did say that’s how it felt at the time without a second glance. I haven’t gone back to watch and I’d really rather not re-live any of Sunday’s mess, so I’ll take your word for it that we were playing our standard game and didn’t take our foot off the gas. Thanks for the condescension, also.

When I have to repeat myself, it tends to come out that way.

19 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Not playing him at a position that fits his strengths. Hoping the next DC next year can use him correctly.  

I don't think they are playing him out of position though after going back and looking. I could be wrong here as I haven't done a play by play game by game diagrammed look. Just looked at depth charts, snap counts and the last few games eye test.