Week 14 GDT: Colts (8-4) @ Raiders (7-5) - THIS IS A PLAYOFF GAME!

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • Not the home team
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Did you listen to the commentary? 

Nope.  Computer is in the room and my wife was asleep.  Now that I listened to it I see that he was scared.  Could have dove head first and been fine.  That is just a Manning homer giving him credit for playing like he was a kicker.  In fact the kicker probably would have scored.  The announcer sounds like Frankie backing Carr for being smart in 2018 and 2019 for not trying to win to save himself.  Real smart play until you get held to a field goal or have a TO.  Our team was so bad back then it probably did not matter though.

In what scenario do the Raiders win this game? 

The Colts defense ranks 5th overall and 10th in scoring. They are the #7 ranked run defense.

The Raiders have struggled the last 3 weeks to run the ball and Jacobs is nursing an ankle injury. They can force the Raiders to pass the ball where Carr has struggled the last 2 weeks and the Oline has given up multiple sacks to 2 poor defenses.  Further.... when the offense doesn't go through Jacobs. Carr forces it through Waller. The Colts give up the fewest yards to TEs and have only give up 1 TD to a TE this season. 

On offense, the Colts run the ball well, Rivers gets the ball out quick, has great protection and is taking among the league low in sacks. And we know who the Raiders are on defense at this stage.

Hard for me to be optimistic about this one. They will need to play great in all 3 phases limiting penalties and mistakes. Hard to trust their defense right now vs. the Colts defense in a close game. 

Gruden is going to have to scheme this one like a master to keep his playoff hope alive. 

• Like 1

Last 8 games:

Colts D = 360.4 yds/G - 27.1 pts/G

Raiders D = 372.9 yds/G - 28.4 pts/G

It's closer than you think. For the season, the Colts D rankings look good due to the first 4 games when they were averaging 14 pts/G and 236 yds/G. That's not the level they're playing at lately.

In what scenario the Raiders win? By attacking their CBs. This is a Carr game. Where he needs to be locked in. Colts defense is overrated. Raiders have played against better defenses this season. Saints and Bucs to give an example. Put Carr in shotgun early get him into a rhythm and allow him to pick apart the zone. 

Also would like if Key was inactive for today’s game. Can’t have him and Vic both active 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1