Week 13 GDT: Cowboys @ Ravens: "Lamar Comin'!"

AFlaccoSeagulls

That clip got me thinking a little bit - is it a stretch to say Lamar looked a little quicker last night than he did earlier in the season? Seems like there's a burst of acceleration in the run last night that isn't there in the WFT/PHI touchdowns. He was dealing with I believe a slight hamstring/lower body injury earlier in the year and I wonder if the time off helped him heal - last night was probably the most effective he's been scrambling all year and the first time in a while where he just looked like 2019 Lamar from a physical/athletic perspective. But it might just be the Cowboys defense being awful that explains it... 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I've seen other talking about this, what are the chances the NFL starts looking into who Dez had close contact with prior to the game and we end up short handed against the Browns next week?

Praying that we come out safe, but man, if we have another disaster like the Pittsburgh game we're in trouble.

17 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I've seen others talking about this, what are the chances the NFL starts looking into who Dez had close contact with prior to the game and we end up short handed against the Browns next week?

I hope I don't jinx anything by saying this but all of our best players are now immune to the virus for at least the rest of the season.

4 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

did they really waste the all blacks on Dallas with MNF game vs Cleveland coming up? The F man. 

Cleveland is at home, no way would we be able to wear our all blacks for that one.

I'm hoping for white on purple personally, those are my favorite road colors.

32 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I've seen others talking about this, what are the chances the NFL starts looking into who Dez had close contact with prior to the game and we end up short handed against the Browns next week?

I guess it's a possibility but feels like it opens up a bigger can of worms then the NFL really wants to deal with (especially considering we are on Monday Night Football next week). Think it's more likely they are hand waving away Dez's positive test in terms of protocol and then getting back to it with anyone who tests positive coming out of the game. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

5 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

From what I could read of that is it said reinfection was extremely rare. I've been told by people who had it they were told they couldn't get it again for 90 days which would be the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, BareYourTeeth said:

From what I could read of that is it said reinfection was extremely rare. I've been told by people who had it they were told they couldn't get it again for 90 days which would be the rest of the season.

I hate to get into the business of he said, she said, but I have friends who are doctors and scientists at NIH who have told me that while the risk of re-infection is rare (based on the current evidence), it is still possible to get re-infected. I think because of the infrequency of re-infection and the lack of substantive data the current theory is that there is a short lived period of time when some type of "immunity" is developed, but I don't believe there is much in the way of actual scientific evidence to support that.

Point being, I don't think we can safely say because a number of our players got covid, they are no longer at risk of getting it again. And taking the NFL protocols into account, even if they don't test positive, they may still be deemed a close contact. In which case they would need to have repeated negative tests to be cleared in time. All just a major hassle in a short week.

• Like 2