Week 15 Browns @ Giants flexed to SNF

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

It is laughable that the NFL thinks people want to watch the NFC East constantly play in primetime. Even after this horrible start as a division they still push for this. At some point they need to realize that Dallas and New York arent the teams they once were and we do not need to see Colt Mccoy or Daniel Jones play in hopes of winning a division or picking top 5 in the draft. 

I’m sorry you aren’t happy. I guess you wanted Dolphins vs Patriots then?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I'm happy. Get them bums out of national tv, primetime slots as much as possible. They don't deserve it this year.

All in on the tank.

Anything to stick it to the Jones’ bottom line is fine by me.  

On the field production took a backseat to them long ago.  Maybe this $ea$on can slap some comeuppance into them (doubtful).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Acgott said:

I’m sorry you aren’t happy. I guess you wanted Dolphins vs Patriots then?

Its just a joke that the nfl continues to hand them so many primetime games and they are straight trash. NFC East deserve 1 prime time game a year and that should be facing each other on a Thursday night game moving forward. Until that division can produce a winning team they shouldn't be gifted one. If you think they are deserving of it then you clearly are a homer and delusional to think people give a crap about this division as they are the laughing stock of the nfl. 

31 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Its just a joke that the nfl continues to hand them so many primetime games and they are straight trash. NFC East deserve 1 prime time game a year and that should be facing each other on a Thursday night game moving forward. Until that division can produce a winning team they shouldn't be gifted one. If you think they are deserving of it then you clearly are a homer and delusional to think people give a crap about this division as they are the laughing stock of the nfl. 

I have no issues with that statement, but they are the most popular division, and money talks.

What matchup did you want for that week? The Saints vs Chiefs was blocked by CBS.

• Like 1

They were the most popular division but not anymore. Lets be real other then Giants/Washington/Dallas/Philly fans who wants to watch a 5-7 team play on primetime tv? Just cause they were good for a couple years in the 1990s and when Eli was Qb doesnt mean they are popular now. Look at the Bills Niners Monday night game they drew the 2nd largest tv crowd of the season. You think that would have been that appealing if one team has a losing record and the other a fringe playoff team? So why should it be any different now, to flex that this time of year. I get it giants and washington battling for the worst division winner and likely a lucky team with a losing record makes the playoffs but in no way is that the most appealing game on tv that weekend. 

44 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

They were the most popular division but not anymore. Lets be real other then Giants/Washington/Dallas/Philly fans who wants to watch a 5-7 team play on primetime tv? Just cause they were good for a couple years in the 1990s and when Eli was Qb doesnt mean they are popular now. Look at the Bills Niners Monday night game they drew the 2nd largest tv crowd of the season. You think that would have been that appealing if one team has a losing record and the other a fringe playoff team? So why should it be any different now, to flex that this time of year. I get it giants and washington battling for the worst division winner and likely a lucky team with a losing record makes the playoffs but in no way is that the most appealing game on tv that weekend. 

They are still the most popular division. Most championships, most fans. Money also talks and helps that why all 4 teams are in the top 10 for franchise value.

What you are referring to most exciting, and that is correct, they are bad and not exciting now. I have no problem with none being in primetime games. However you look at it though, Giants/Browns is a good matchup between two teams fighting for the playoffs. You can say whatever you want about the Giants, but they have been in all their games, but one, and coming off a huge with at Seattle.

Again your other options are Patriots/Dolphins and Washington/Seattle. They all rank in the same bubble as this Giants/Browns game.

Finally your Buffalo/49ers tv stat is misleading due to it being simulcast on both ABC and ESPN. I believe that’s only the second time that has happened this year, so of course it will have more people watching 

On 12/9/2020 at 4:26 PM, soflbillsfan said:

It is laughable that the NFL thinks people want to watch the NFC East constantly play in primetime. Even after this horrible start as a division they still push for this. At some point they need to realize that Dallas and New York arent the teams they once were and we do not need to see Colt Mccoy or Daniel Jones play in hopes of winning a division or picking top 5 in the draft. 

Its a media market crazy divison and I hate it. Dallas (Americas Team), Washington DC, Philly and New York. They need to spread those markets out a bit more because Im pretty sure the entire planet is sick of seeing the Cowboys play the Giants on primetime eventhough both teams have done nothing to warrant that many spots

Edited by AkronsWitness

19 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

Anything to stick it to the Jones’ bottom line is fine by me.  

On the field production took a backseat to them long ago.  Maybe this $ea$on can slap some comeuppance into them (doubtful).

I hope so. But I’m not counting on it. Jerry has driven the Cowboys into the ground for so long I don’t see any hope for change.

• Like 1

Freddie Kitchens/Colt McCoy revenge game on Sunday night.

This will be a job interview for Kitchens, honestly. Garrett is probably gone after this season. He had a decent 4 game stretch, but he's been awful outside of that. Even if McCoy starts, I want to see more deep shots. DJ has been fantastic on long balls all season, and he's gone deep the 6th least amount of times in the league.