How big of a Gap between T.O and Marvin Harrison?

mdonnelly21

How big of gap do you feel there was between T.O and Marvin Harrison   

24 members have voted

1. 1. How big of gap do you feel there was between T.O and Marvin Harrison 

• Large
    • Moderate
    • Small

I think if Peyton had TO he would’ve had a lot more SBs to start. Always seemed like Manning-Harrison were always having “miscommunications” in the biggest moments, whereas Peyton didn’t consistently have those same miscommunication moments with Wayne. Once Manning began looking to Wayne more as the go to WR it’s when it felt like Manning seemingly became more “clutch”.

I don’t know, I don’t have any stats to back my opinion, but I feel Harrison was a terrific WR who got the YIPS in big moments. Not excusing Manning’s decision making as all on Harrison, but every QB has trash decisions, just felt like a guy like TO who sought out the big moments would’ve bailed Manning out making him look better vs shrink and make him look worse.

So I’d place a moderate difference. Probably little difference at most times, but IMO a big gap in clutch ability. So moderate overall.

2 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Pretty big. I always thought Torry Holt was better than Harrison. 

if Holt had the caliber QB of Manning, he would be a first ballot HOF

They were def comparable IMO 

I thought Holt was a top 3-4 WR of that generation. 

Edited by mdonnelly21

T.O. is the most overrated receiver in NFL history and I don't think there's anyone close to him.

How people can say he was one of the GOATs when he:

1. had trouble catching the ball (turns out that's pretty important for a wide receiver)

2. often made his teams worse by just being arguably the most cancerous presence the other side of Antonio Brown. 

I'm taking Harrison and it's not particularly close for me that way. Arguably the greatest route runner of all time, 143 catches in a season before the illegal contact rule change, he doesn't get enough credit because its too easy to say "oh he had Peyton". 

If I'm starting a team with an all time fantasy draft then T.O. is just off the board to begin with. I would literally rather have Breshad Perriman on my team.

1 hour ago, rich homie said:

I'm taking Harrison and it's not particularly close for me that way.
.I would literally rather have Breshad Perriman on my team.

I can understand having Harrison over TO for the reasons you listed, although I don't agree with that POV.  
But Perriman? Really, Perriman..? 
TO has 153 receiving TDs in his carreer. That's 35 more than the number of receptions Perriman managed so far in his time in the league...
I get Owens had some attitude problems but choosing Perriman over him seems like a sure way to lose the all time fantasy draft. 

Terrell Owens GIFs | Tenor

Edited by MagicMT
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, rich homie said:

T.O. is the most overrated receiver in NFL history and I don't think there's anyone close to him.

How people can say he was one of the GOATs when he:

1. had trouble catching the ball (turns out that's pretty important for a wide receiver)

2. often made his teams worse by just being arguably the most cancerous presence the other side of Antonio Brown. 

I'm taking Harrison and it's not particularly close for me that way. Arguably the greatest route runner of all time, 143 catches in a season before the illegal contact rule change, he doesn't get enough credit because its too easy to say "oh he had Peyton". 

If I'm starting a team with an all time fantasy draft then T.O. is just off the board to begin with. I would literally rather have Breshad Perriman on my team.

The bold has proven to be false. But go ahead with your narrative.