Week 15: Panters at Packers

packfanfb

9 hours ago, KFP7 said:

we did fine in the playoffs last year after the bye.  I think its more that we suck on the West coast

I think it's more that we suck against teams with a power running game more than anything. Say what you want about Colin Cowherd, but he's got us pegged very accurately: we're a finesse team - punch us in the mouth and we go to the corner to cry. It's why we lost to San Fran twice last year, San Diego(I'm not calling them LA), and how we lost to Philly at the end of that game and it's how we lost to Indy, Tampa Bay, Minnesota at home, and how we'll lose to Tennessee next week when King Henry runs for 4 scores.

We may have played better against the run this past week, but I'm not sold

9 hours ago, dwaye50327 said:

We need to win at least 2 out of the last 3 to have a good shot at the 1 seed as long as KC beats the Saints. Honeslty tho, I don't know if GB should get the one seed, there isn't HF advantage this year and GB has struggled out of the bye under LaFluer.

KC will lose to NO. Miami gave the blueprint on how to shut down that offense in the red zone, plus KC is more of a passing team than a running team on offense. Then you're talking about the fact that KC is in our neck of the woods when it comes to sacks. The way NO loses this game is if Hill throws picks and/or there's a complete breakdown in pass coverage. The NO defense is 2nd in rushing yards allowed and 4th in passing yards allowed. As for KC and despite Chris Jones, that secondary is the better aspect of the KC defense. Let's also not forget that NO will be playing with a hot head after the Philly Fiasco a couple days ago and they'll be at home FWIW... I think NO wins 34-24.

Edited by Joe

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I think it's more that we suck against teams with a power running game more than anything. Say what you want about Colin Cowherd, but he's got us pegged very accurately: we're a finesse team - punch us in the mouth and we go to the corner to cry. It's why we lost to San Fran twice last year, San Diego(I'm not calling them LA), and how we lost to Philly at the end of that game and it's how we lost to Indy, Tampa Bay, Minnesota at home, and how we'll lose to Tennessee next week when King Henry runs for 4 scores.

We may have played better against the run this past week, but I'm not sold

KC will lose to NO. Miami gave the blueprint on how to shut down that offense in the red zone, plus KC is more of a passing team than a running team on offense. Then you're talking about the fact that KC is in our neck of the woods when it comes to sacks. The way NO loses this game is if Hill throws picks and/or there's a complete breakdown in pass coverage. The NO defense is 2nd in rushing yards allowed and 4th in passing yards allowed. As for KC and despite Chris Jones, that secondary is the better aspect of the KC defense. Let's also not forget that NO will be playing with a hot head after the Philly Fiasco a couple days ago and they'll be at home FWIW... I think NO wins 34-24.

As far as the finesse comments, most teams when they lose look like trash in some aspect. Like we’ve lost 2 1 possession games that we lost the TO battle. That isn’t really getting pummeled. 

6 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

As far as the finesse comments, most teams when they lose look like trash in some aspect. Like we’ve lost 2 1 possession games that we lost the TO battle. That isn’t really getting pummeled. 

We were behind much of the game against Minnesota and Philly came in and took our candy on a GW drive. It should have never gotten to that point and it starts with stopping the run, especially against Minnesota...

1 hour ago, deathstar said:

Hard to watch this offense with its 6’5” 230 lbs WRs blocking DEs and think ... finesse.

Oh please, any WR with an oz. of toughness can execute a chip block. Also, the finesse is mainly on defense despite Jacksonville's defense pushing us around a bit while we were on offense. We get pushed around way too often on defense and that's been discussed ad nauseum now...

Edited by Joe

8 hours ago, Joe said:

We were behind much of the game against Minnesota and Philly came in and took our candy on a GW drive. It should have never gotten to that point and it starts with stopping the run, especially against Minnesota...

Oh please, any WR with an oz. of toughness can execute a chip block. Also, the finesse is mainly on defense despite Jacksonville's defense pushing us around a bit while we were on offense. We get pushed around way too often on defense and that's been discussed ad nauseum now...

Lol chip block...

This is the most physical offense we’ve had since Ahman Green. But we give up rushing yards sometimes so sorry Amos, you’re finesse: 

5 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

time for the defense to get on a roll. gonna be heartbreaking getting rolled in the playoffs with our O firing at 2011 levels 

200.gif

Should we beat the Titans with Henry and his running skills, will people on this forum believe the Packers have a good chance in the playoffs?   If they get beat, that doesn't bode well.  If Pettine gets his crap together and figures it out, that's a hell of a springboard to the playoffs.

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Should we beat the Titans with Henry and his running skills, will people on this forum believe the Packers have a good chance in the playoffs?   If they get beat, that doesn't bode well.  If Pettine gets his crap together and figures it out, that's a hell of a springboard to the playoffs.

we just gotta pray someone knocks off the chiefs and we have a chance 

4 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

what aspect of defense are we good at 

We have the players in the secondary to be very good at man-to-man. I am no expert and would certainly bow to those who know more, but I think this defense could be good enough to win the Super Bowl if we would play man-to-man with press coverage.

Stopping the run is still a problem. Part of that is scheme, putting only one or two DLmen out there. Part of it is personnel. Lowery should never be on the field in short yardage situations. He doesn't have enough anchor. He got plowed in the goal line situations. We also suck at tackling, but that's not news.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, deathstar said:

Hard to watch this offense with its 6’5” 230 lbs WRs blocking DEs and think ... finesse.

Yup.  I think our OL is stout enough.   When we get behind and we have to abandon the run is when we run into problems.  IMO the issues we have right now are on pass D and ST.  I dread it when our defense is facing 3rd and long.  😟

Edited by Pugger
  • Like 1