2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Allen Robinson, hed be top flight with DC, fits like a glove.

Robinson is the only player I’d spend over 10m on.... I love Golliday and am on record for wanting him bad since last year but after another injured year we can’t take the chance.  Every player can get injured but he’s shown he’s way more likely to be.  And the only Way I’d want to spend 18+m on Robinson is if we strike out on getting some bigger name Defensive players, or they don’t even make it to FA.

11 minutes ago, Geezy said:

im giving Littleton a pass on last year, for the reasons your stated. But he needs a bounce back year in the worst way in 2021

Definitely, he played at such a high level for the Rams in 2018 and 2019. I still can't believe how poorly he played for us this year. He needs to be one of the better LB in the league this season with what we're paying him and put up similar production to what he did for the Rams: 134 tackles, 6 TFL, 3.5 sacks, 5 QB hits, 2 INT, and 2 FF. 

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I see there being zero chance we spend 20m on WR(s).  We just don’t have the money.... plus we just spent a 1st and 3rd on Ruggs and Edwards, whom both have shown some progress.

we should just resign Agholor, to hopefully >8m on 1-2 year deal and maybe spend a 4-5th on a WR (maybe a 3rd if there’s a real real good value there)

7 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Allen Robinson, hed be top flight with DC, fits like a glove.

I'd love Robinson as well but as @jimkelly02 said can we really afford to pay Nelly and Robinson with how horrible our defense is? 

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think one of the biggest issues with FA's we've signed is that they thrived in good defenses playing next to difference makers. Littleton/Joyner played behind Donald and that great defensive line for Wade Phillips. Kwit played in a great defense in Chicago behind a great defensive line. Collins played on a pretty decent defensive line in Dallas. And Nassib played on a stacked defensive line in Tampa Bay with Suh, JPP, Barrett etc. 

Then they got here and they're expected to be those difference makers that make life easier for complimentary players instead of being the complimentary players that shine playing next to elite guys. Guenther being a terrible coach also didn't help but yeah, the majority of Mayock's FA signings are looking pretty damn questionable. 

My biggest issue is for pass rushers, there's no in between. Either you're a guy who wins or you're more of a clean up guy. 

Secondary players and LB have a lot to do with coaching, which has sucked. Joyner doesn't suck. He played out of position for 2 years. Not his fault. Not Littleton's either tbh.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

My biggest issue is for pass rushers, there's no in between. Either you're a guy who wins or you're more of a clean up guy. 

But it's easier to win playing next to other elite pass rushers than playing next to terrible ones. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I see there being zero chance we spend 20m on WR(s).  We just don’t have the money.... plus we just spent a 1st and 3rd on Ruggs and Edwards, whom both have shown some progress.

we should just resign Agholor, to hopefully >8m on 1-2 year deal and maybe spend a 4-5th on a WR (maybe a 3rd if there’s a real real good value there)

Would you rather have NA at 8 or Juju at 12?

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Would you rather have NA at 8 or Juju at 12?

Agholor because he wins deep consistently and will cost a decent amount less. Robinson is a clear upgrade over Agholor as is Golladay. Juju is better in some regard but has not played all that well the last few years.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Idk. Tough decision.

what happened to JJSS’s yards per catch ?  It’s like 8.5 or something.  That’s concerning 

We are banking on JJSS upside potential and at 24 he hasn't reached his prime yet.  To me it's worth the 4 million dollar risk if he hits as we need a reception hog WR.  If we let NA walk Ruggs can fill that role with much greater upside. 

We know what we are getting with NA, as Juju was underutilized in Pit.  I think it had to do more with him falling out of favor with coaches/management and possibly Big Ben which moved him down the pecking order.  I don't necessarily think his skills have diminished at 24 with no prior injuries. I could be wrong but I think he's a diva, I don't personally like that but also know the role he can fill and it's a role that has been lacking on this team for as long as I can remember (high volume/physical/ RZ threat).  

33 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Agholor because he wins deep consistently and will cost a decent amount less. Robinson is a clear upgrade over Agholor as is Golladay. Juju is better in some regard but has not played all that well the last few years.

Ruggs can fill the role of NA if he walks, heck he was drafted to be NA and then some.  Who is going to be our physical, high volume, RZ threat WR?  I'm optimistic it will be Edwards but he is clearly still very raw.

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Ruggs can fill the role of NA if he walks, heck he was drafted to be NA and then some.  Who is going to be our physical, high volume, RZ threat WR?  I'm optimistic it will be Edwards but he is clearly still very raw.

I see what you’re getting at but Waller is already high volume. He just needs lots of threats around him and one of them to be proven. We also can’t understate chemistry. Carr and Agholor can get even better together while Ruggs comes along, as does Edwards.

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I see what you’re getting at but Waller is already high volume. He just needs lots of threats around him and one of them to be proven. We also can’t understate chemistry. Carr and Agholor can get even better together while Ruggs comes along, as does Edwards.

It's not just high volume, it's having another WR who is physical and can win jump balls.  Having only one RZ threat has really hurt us.  D coordinators know that they can double Waller which will stifle us in the RZ.  We have no other weapons that can win contested catches or jump balls.  That is critical.  

20 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Secondary players and LB have a lot to do with coaching, which has sucked. Joyner doesn't suck. He played out of position for 2 years. Not his fault. Not Littleton's either tbh.

I agree Joyner never should have played sCB.... he struggled at sCB with the Rams then moved to FS was a pro bowl level.... we already say the sCB experiment fail with and and thought we could change him.... nope.  Worse yet despite the struggles and knowing we could salvage Joyner and play him At a position we needed help at even more we just ignored it all.  

Littleton Is a pure WILL in a 43 and absolutely not a SAM.  He’s a guy who needs to be kept clean by DTs and run free... and prefers to run around blocks then take them on..... so why make him into a stack and shed SAM? Illogical.

if we moved Littleton back to will and get some good DTs and a good DC he’ll be 85% of what he was in LA.... that DL definitely put him in position to make more plays then we’ll ever be able to.

15 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We are banking on JJSS upside potential and at 24 he hasn't reached his prime yet.  To me it's worth the 4 million dollar risk if he hits as we need a reception hog WR.  If we let NA walk Ruggs can fill that role with much greater upside. 

We know what we are getting with NA, as Juju was underutilized in Pit.  I think it had to do more with him falling out of favor with coaches/management and possibly Big Ben which moved him down the pecking order.  I don't necessarily think his skills have diminished at 24 with no prior injuries. I could be wrong but I think he's a diva, I don't personally like that but also know the role he can fill and it's a role that has been lacking on this team for as long as I can remember (high volume/physical/ RZ threat).  

i dont think thats true, Waller is DC's go to guy. We need more pieces to the puzzle than anything. Renfrow is our slot, Ruggs(ideally) will be our long term deep threat, and Edwards was drafted to be that big bodied X type WR, the thing is Ruggs and Edwards are still green and being that we are ready to roll on offense, i dont think they showed enough this past season to merit being the guys going into next season. Agholor is the perfect bridge, until we figure out what we have in Ruggs. Imo, we need a vet, and a WR5(preferrably a vet, i wouldnt be mad at bringing Zay to round out the troops.