2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Simpson looks like he is ready for a shot at LG. 

Idk he wasn’t trash but he wasn’t that good either.

he only played G in 4 games with 1 start and had 181 Snaps.  The coaching staff felt more comfortable with Good then Simpson all year and he only played when Good was injured.

Simpson only had 4 blown blocks, all in pass coverage (Zero Sacks)...which is 2.2%.  That’s not a great figure but okay especially for a rookie.  

I think Simpson should be able to start next season but it’s no sure thing.... he’s going to have to step his game up.... but that can be said for almost all rookies.

https://sisdatahub.com/players/7690

17 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

This ^^^ it will morph into  “ Carr not having a line “

No one is saying deplete the talent on the OL... everyone whose spoken on this subject is talking of change up the OL is talking about brining in OL who are more durable or better.

we’re paying Jackson 10m and he’s okay but you can get the same level of play for less money.  Those who advocate for moving on from Trent Brown want to replace him for a solid starter.  I’d rather have a solid new RT for 15/16 games then Trent Brown for 8 games and 8 games of Sam Young.... especially since this offseason is all about getting our team to the playoffs and TB has a history of not being available at the end of the year.  Even if he played the first 12 games..... if he’s out for the last 4 games aka the “playoff push” and the playoffs then it’s a waste.  

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm all for re-signing Nelly but if he's wanting to test the market and is asking for too much then so be it. Thanks but we have to move on. A Waller/Renfrow/Ruggs/Edwards corp should be fine. I'd love an Robinson/Galloday addition but those guys will be far too pricey. Move on from Williams and put that money on the D-line.

I'd pay Agholor anything up to what Tyrell Williams is currently making. Carr's chemistry with him can't be overstated.

• Like 1

Cut williams, let NA walk and your  new WR is AROB.!

Move on from brown, find a solid RT. Idk who. But availability and average or better would be acceptable 

Keep gabe jackson try to restructure contract, and simpson as our gaurds. 

Try to Trade or cut MM find a decent back up QB

Move joyner back to saftey, where he played b4 he came here. Then sign a couple vet CB and let them battle with arnette and roberson.

Go 100% on LEO.. keep vic beasley, irving, tak. Our line will be fine with a big addition, and i think Beasley has more to give.

That would be awesome in FA. 

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

I'd pay Agholor anything up to what Tyrell Williams is currently making. Carr's chemistry with him can't be overstated.

Not to mention our history of getting burned by FA/trade WRs. 

He's been our best WR in a while. It'd be foolish to let him go. Plus, not like he's coming off of some market rocking season. IMO, Mayock offers more than Agholor would demand when the chips are on the table. 

25 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not to mention our history of getting burned by FA/trade WRs. 

He's been our best WR in a while. It'd be foolish to let him go. Plus, not like he's coming off of some market rocking season. IMO, Mayock offers more than Agholor would demand when the chips are on the table. 

I don't think his non-Raiders market will be as big as our desire to keep him. Other teams would be more likely to be scared that he'll regress.

-Go Big and sign ARob. Nellie walks, Williams cut 

- Richie retires, roll the dice on Simpson... 🎲 Vegas style...sign a cheap vet to push Simpson. Jordan Devey/Eric Kush/Denzel Good cheap type of vets 

- go get Marcus Williams... would complete the rebuild of the secondary... cut Joyner 

- MM takes pay cut to 4-5 m or cut. 
- bring back Takk, Booker, McMillen, Irving - these guys can be cheap starters or backups. 

- Trent Brown, Gabe Jackson cut for Leonard Williams 

- Bring back Sharpe and Good for cheap. Let them compete for RT starter spot 

Draft 

R1- Edge 

R2- DT

R3- G

——- bpa rest of draft 

QB- DC

RB- Jacobs, Booker 

FB- Ingold 

WR- Arob, Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow 

TE: Waller, Moreau 

T: Miller, Sharpe, Good, Parker 

G: Simpson, 3rd rounder, Kush

center: Hudson, James 

DE: Ferrell, 1st, Max, Nassib, Key/Takk

DT: Williams, 2nd, Hurst, Irving 

OLB: Littleton, McMillen, Cheap vet, Muse/White 

MLB: Kwit 

CB: Mullen, Arnette, Amik, Johnson, Nixon, cheap vet 

S: Williams, Abram, Heath 

add in picks 4-7 to depth cheap and a couple cheap vet FA.... team looks very good on paper 

Edited by Humble_Beast

10 million for 900 yards. Is just not smart. 

Carr can build that chemistry with other WRs during the offseason. You drafted two WRs paying a guy 10 million for that production is silly. If you pay that price you better go out and get a better WR. 

You have Edwards and Ruggs spend the summer with Carr. You let Nelly walk and wish him success with his next team. That money can be invested in the defense. 

19 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

10 million for 900 yards. Is just not smart. 

Carr can build that chemistry with other WRs during the offseason. You drafted two WRs paying a guy 10 million for that production is silly. If you pay that price you better go out and get a better WR. 

You have Edwards and Ruggs spend the summer with Carr. You let Nelly walk and wish him success with his next team. That money can be invested in the defense. 

Spending the summer with carr really helped zay too...

I’m not a carr fan boy but come on he finally finds a real wr (sorry hunter) he gels with especially with deep passes then you get rid of him lol don’t like that idea. 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN