2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It will always be looked at as the Ruggs over everyone draft and wasting 2 third round picks in hilarious fashion.

I just hope Edwards and Arnette can live up to what I hope they are.

Muse wasn't a good pick. I have hope for him as a player and it was the LATE 3rd, but it was a reach. No doubt. 

In addition, we gave Bowden 0 chance to actually change positions. Hilarious mismanagement. Mayock deserves a slap in the face for that pick. But I am high on Robertson and Simpson. If they can turn into good starters and Arnette can get his head out of his ***, this could be a good looking class.

I agree to some extent on Ruggs because he was my 3rd WR, but I understand the rationale and he has flashed some rare ability. He seems like a good kid and deserves some time.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Now... I fully admit to being impatient here. I agree that development takes time. But Gruden was hired to get over the hump and 4 years in were still talking about culture changes. So my concern in a nutshell is that Gruden doesn't know how to develop talent and get to impatient with it. See his Tampa years, he's learned nothing. 

Haha yea I def agree with this. Gruden building a team is my concern as well. 
I was so excited we brought in Mayock to help with this, but then it seems Gruden still is running the show in the 1st. 

He is so gungho on us having the best WR corps that he has wasted to many resources on it. Especially when you can tell he wants a ball control, run heavy O lol. 

I have a lot of faith in mayock, and just hope that he continues to help build the team. 
Im hoping Mayock and is his understanding on all the young players in the FA pool. . . really helps out. Guys lke Jefferson, Thomas, Martin - I am assuming Mayock mustve been high on in the draft. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I was so excited we brought in Mayock to help with this, but then it seems Gruden still is running the show in the 1st. 

He is so gungho on us having the best WR corps that he has wasted to many resources on it. Especially when you can tell he wants a ball control, run heavy O lol. 

I have a lot of faith in mayock, and just hope that he continues to help build the team. 
Im hoping Mayock and is his understanding on all the young players in the FA pool. . . really helps out. Guys lke Jefferson, Thomas, Martin - I am assuming Mayock mustve been high on in the draft. 

I personally like Mayock my only issue with him was last year getting so many players that needed to make transitions into different positions(Something he owned up to). As long as he doesn't do that I'm good with him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I personally like Mayock my only issue with him was last year getting so many players that needed to make transitions into different positions(Something he owned up to). As long as he doesn't do that I'm good with him.

yup also him saying before the draft, for us 3rd rounders should be day 1 starters. . . . 
I was pumped hearing that, and then shocked with who we took.

makes me think its not up to him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I don't know why anyone would think it is. Gruden has 100% control over the roster. Mayock is his GM by title only. He's a scout who stacks the board, but Gruden has final say. 

i just hope Gruden is starting to trust Mayock more and more. 
no reason to think he is or isnt, just pure hoping lol. 

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

I think he wants an offense that can do anything.  Dominate with 5 WRs, 3 TEs, dominate goal line and spread out.  Go for 4 ypc, or deep for a 20+ yard gain.  He wants us as multi dimensional as possible.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I think he wants an offense that can do anything.  Dominate with 5 WRs, 3 TEs, dominate goal line and spread out.  Go for 4 ypc, or deep for a 20+ yard gain.  He wants us as multi dimensional as possible.

TBF, we are very diverse in terms of skill position personnel. Great RB and TE groups. WR room is young, but has some intriguing vets. If the OL can get stabilized and run block unlike last year, we can be really good on offense.

• Like 1

interesting starting options at these positions:

FS: Richard Sherman, Malik Hooker, Tre Boston, Tashaun Gipson, Duron Harmon, Sean Davis, Karl Joseph

RT:  Ricky Wagner, Mitchell Schwartz, Bobby Massie, Dennis Kelly, DJ Fluker, Demar Dotson

RG: Jermaine Eluemunor, Tom Compton, Chris Reed, Forrest Lamp, Lane Taylor, Trai Turner

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

FS: Richard Sherman, Malik Hooker, Tre Boston, Tashaun Gipson, Duron Harmon, Sean Davis, Karl Joseph

RT:  Ricky Wagner, Mitchell Schwartz, Bobby Massie, Dennis Kelly, DJ Fluker, Demar Dotson

RG: Jermaine Eluemunor, Tom Compton, Chris Reed, Forrest Lamp, Lane Taylor, Trai Turner

I'll take any of those free safeties except Davis and Joseph isn't coming back.

Wagner or Schwartz are great but I don't think we get either. I think we're great at guard. Especially with another rookie waiting in the wings.

35 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'll take any of those free safeties except Davis and Joseph isn't coming back.

Wagner or Schwartz are great but I don't think we get either. I think we're great at guard. Especially with another rookie waiting in the wings.

I just listed both because I feel Good could start at either Right side spot. ya, I wouldn't want two more vet OL. be nice to add 2 more Snead type signings at S and OL

All the contracts have been updated on overthecap. They have the Raiders with 11.8M in cap space.

Mariota: 1.75M base + 1.75 signing bonus (up to 8M total value with incentives); 3.5M cap hit (3.5M guaranteed)

Martin: 1M base + 250K signing bonus + 500K bonus (?); 1.75M cap hit (250K guaranteed)

Incognito: 1.1M base + 1.02M per game roster bonus; 1.227M cap hit (1.1M guaranteed)

Dickerson: 920K base + 80K signing bonus; 1M cap hit (80K guaranteed)

Philon: 990K base; 850K cap hit (0 guaranteed)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Boston or Gipson

Schwartz

Lamp

That would be a heck of a last minute haul imo. 

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

All the contracts have been updated on overthecap. They have the Raiders with 11.8M in cap space.

Mariota: 1.75M base + 1.75 signing bonus (up to 8M total value with incentives); 3.5M cap hit (3.5M guaranteed)

Martin: 1M base + 250K signing bonus + 500K bonus (?); 1.75M cap hit (250K guaranteed)

Incognito: 1.1M base + 1.02M per game roster bonus; 1.227M cap hit (1.1M guaranteed)

Dickerson: 920K base + 80K signing bonus; 1M cap hit (80K guaranteed)

Philon: 990K base; 850K cap hit (0 guaranteed

Glad to see Martin so cheap. Could cut a lot of these guys if we find better in the draft.