Sam vs. Fields vs. Wilson

jetsfan4life51

Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 2021 Jets starting QB?

• Sam Darnold
    • Justin Fields
    • Zach Wilson

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I hope this isn’t a dumb question. And I’m sorry if me not being educated on this offends anyone...

But him being Mormon... does he have to leave for a year to do his mission (whatever is they do for a year.) I’ve had Mormon friends and they all had to do it around that age. Is he an exception given his situation? For example when we had another failed draft pick in Trevor Reilly (I think that was his name) who was Mormon. When we drafted him, he was like 23 already Bc of his mission.

Yes, he is a Mormon but he doesn't care about LDS' mission and wants to play NFL. That is why I turn my attention to him after week 3.

Edited by JetsandI

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I hope this isn’t a dumb question. And I’m sorry if me not being educated on this offends anyone...

But him being Mormon... does he have to leave for a year to do his mission (whatever is they do for a year.) I’ve had Mormon friends and they all had to do it around that age. Is he an exception given his situation? For example when we had another failed draft pick in Trevor Reilly (I think that was his name) who was Mormon. When we drafted him, he was like 23 already Bc of his mission.

I honestly have no clue but the Mormon thing did cross my mind when thinking about certain distractions being out of that environment will create for him and I wondering how he will adjust.

These are all things that will obviously be answered over time.

52 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Joe Douglas is going to build the team first, then find the QB.

This is the vibe I’m getting as well. I get the feeling they’re going to continue to build around the QB while giving Darnold a shot to improve.

It’s likely Darnold is what he is. So we’re at best a 5 win team if he doesn’t improve. Essentially, the Bears if the Bears had an average to below average defense. A 5 win team likely picks between 5 and 10.

Unless we hit on a QB or Darnold has an unprecedented turnaround, we’re not scratching 500. 

Edited by SDotNova

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Other teams have cap space and picks only matter if you draft good players. It's a gamble either way.

Yeah, it's a gamble no matter what, but we're in position to do it if we like these QBs. 11 teams will have less than $1M in cap space, 10 of them will be over the cap. They'll have to move a lot of players and that will create more opportunities for us. Draft wise, we're lucky here. As of right now, this class seems deep in the positions we need. I love where we are sitting at right now. I'm actually more worried about the coaching selection because there are a lot I like, but there is no way all 5 of them will be good. lol

Just now, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, it's a gamble no matter what, but we're in position to do it if we like these QBs. 11 teams will have less than $1M in cap space, 10 of them will be over the cap. They'll have to move a lot of players and that will create more opportunities for us. Draft wise, we're lucky here. As of right now, this class seems deep in the positions we need. I love where we are sitting at right now. I'm actually more worried about the coaching selection because there are a lot I like, but there is no way all 5 of them will be good. lol

I def think we're more likely to miss on a coach than players. Douglas first draft looks really good so far. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

I def think we're more likely to miss on a coach than players. Douglas first draft looks really good so far. 

Agreed. It looks like we got a GM who can scout and also know what he wants to build. Maybe that's why I'm so confident draft wise.