2021 DB Prospects

QBIso

Who ya got?

I think this is a stud safety draft. Deepest one I can remember despite there not being one likely to go in the top 15. 

Solid CB draft at the top, but not much depth at all. 

My fave DB is Paris Ford. Dude is a poor man’s Jamal Adams. And not that much poorer. Love his game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty solid 1st Round CB class, probably the best position set of the 1st Round on the Defensive side of the ball. Really bad 1st Round Safety class, but really good 2nd/3rd Round Safety class. 

These might wildly change as it’s just going based off live games:

CB:

1) Patrick Surtain II - Top 12 Grade

2) Caleb Farley - Top 12 Grade

3) Jaycee Horn - Top 16 Grade

4) Tyson Campbell - Late 1st Grade

5) Eric Stokes - Late 1st Grade

I think those are the five corners I’d have a 1st Round Grade on. I think both Georgia Corners are slept on, especially Campbell. It’s going to be very interesting what combine 40 time Campbell can land. If he somehow gets into the 4.4’s... probably more of a 4.52ish guy, but combine is big for him. 

Shaun Wade is firmly a 2nd Round Project pick to me at this point. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think I'd touch Shaun Wade tbqh. He's had a pretty meh year. 

He's a slot corner or safety and should be drafted as such. I'm fine drafting him in line with where I would normally draft slot exclusives, but that's definitely not in the first couple of rounds. 

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think I'd touch Shaun Wade tbqh. He's had a pretty meh year. 

dude is not an outside defender. He needs to be a hybrid safety. Its what he was last year and was an absolute beast. tOSU just didnt have any corners ready to step up but had other safeties, so they moved him. I could def see Wade being a Minkah type safety. Just sucks he couldnt have played safety his final year

7 hours ago, QBIso said:

Eric Stokes is as good as anyone in this class. I hope he times well, but I have a feeling he’s gonna run slow. 

Same. The 40 times for the two Georgia Corners are vastly important. Honestly they have the ability to be the top two corners of this class with a super super good combine. 

Edited by BayRaider