49ers sign Josh Rosen

J-ALL-DAY

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Start him week 17, idc.......................

I’m pumped! I still think Rosen has something to build on. He was my favorite QB in his draft year and has been so poorly mismanaged. If nothing else we’ve got ourselves a backup of the future. 

Decided to split this just because he's a "name" and there may be a couple of pages worth of dialogue that comes from it. 

Honestly, I probably would give him a crack at the final week of the season. This signing really does make a lot of sense. He should play well in the system for Shanny, and he's clearly a very intelligent guy off the field. That's never been a knock. I don't knwo if he's committed to football fully or understands what is going on on the field, but he's a guy that we would now control moving into next season and we give him an off season to digest the playbook, etc. I don't know...just makes sense. 

Niners also signed Tyler Gaffney to the PS. He was a decent prospect coming out of Stanford, but was consistently injured through his few years in the NFL. I don't think he ever even played a game. He then retired to play baseball (he was a 24th round pick of Pittsburgh) for a couple years and is now trying to make an NFL comeback. He probably won't amount to anything, but I'm rooting for him.

32 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Niners also signed Tyler Gaffney to the PS. He was a decent prospect coming out of Stanford, but was consistently injured through his few years in the NFL. I don't think he ever even played a game. He then retired to play baseball (he was a 24th round pick of Pittsburgh) for a couple years and is now trying to make an NFL comeback. He probably won't amount to anything, but I'm rooting for him.

Yeah, that really caught me off guard. Was thinking he was well into his 30’s at this point. He’s 29 apparently, but definitely was a blast from the past. 

I like this move for the 49ers. 

I've noticed that Rosen has travelled with the Bucs and is normally on the sideline next to Brady in street clothes going over previous plays on the bench between series. Hopefully sponged some knowledge.