Week 16: Panthers at Football Team

turtle28

3 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Slappy...

The only & I mean absolute ONLY reason why we lost today & vs Seattle last week is because Haskins is Horrible.

So yes...you are 💯% right. If we start Haskins, we will get destroyed.

If we start anybody else... Smith, Montez, Taylor, Woz, turtle...anyone?

We will win.

I guarantee it.

The coaches see all of these guys in practice every day.  They thought Haskins was a better option than these other QBs.  What does that tell you about these other QBs? 

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

Didnt see the game. (Love It Or List It was on)

But. More Pass Yards, 20% more yards per play, more first downs, got more sacks and punted less (only 3 times).

Looks like a winning effort until you see 2 fumbles lost and 2 ints.

Be glad you didn't watch the game.

Just now, e16bball said:

19 if we win. Probably about 10 or 11, roughly, if we lose.

Lowest possible pick if we lose would be 12. Highest possible pick would be 7.

It’s at the point where you have to take a long hard thought about what you want to happen.

If we had any hope for a long-term QB on the roster, it would be one thing. But being at 10 might well put us in play for Fields/Wilson/Lance if we fell in love with one. That’s a lot of potential long-term impact to give up for the chance to host Tom Brady and that team. 

I’m still going to be rooting for them with my heart. But my head is going to be muffling some of my cheers.

11 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Playoff scenarios? Yes, absolutely.

If we start Haskins vs Philly, I believe we're elimated.

We're only in the playoffs, if we dump Haskins & his bags to the nearest bus station.

I think we only have a chance at the playoffs if Alex can play. Heinicke showed something but I’m not sure he’d do enough to win us the game.

7 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Slappy...

The only & I mean absolute ONLY reason why we lost today & vs Seattle last week is because Haskins is Horrible.

We will win.

I guarantee it.

They’re not going to start Haskins, so be at peace. He’s done here. 

But we all need to be hoping against hope that Smith’s calf is all loose and bouncy by next Sunday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

It’s at the point where you have to take a long hard thought about what you want to happen.

If we had any hope for a long-term QB on the roster, it would be one thing. But being at 10 might well put us in play for Fields/Wilson/Lance if we fell in love with one. That’s a lot of potential long-term impact to give up for the chance to host Tom Brady and that team. 

I’m still going to be rooting for them with my heart. But my head is going to be muffling some of my cheers.

You Right GIF by memecandy

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

They’re not going to start Haskins, so be at peace. He’s done here. 

But we all need to be hoping against hope that Smith’s calf is all loose and bouncy by next Sunday.

I don't think 11 has much of a calf left in that leg.

11 minutes ago, e16bball said:

All.Of.This ^^^

24 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Slappy...

We will win.

I guarantee it.

If Smith was healthy we would’ve won last week and maybe this week but, you’re really simplifying things here. We didn’t play great on D the last two games - good, but not great. We gave up huge plays in defense to Carolina, last week we gave up a 50 yard TD run which was the difference in the game.

You also have to consider that we’d have the same bozo calling the plays which is actually the offenses greatest problem. All year we’ve been at a disadvantage at QB - even with Smith in there bc of his limitations. Yet, our offensive coordinator has refused to build a run first offense which, when we hired Rivera me and most of us thought we’d have this year. 

If we had kept Peterson & had him and Gibby split carries w/ 30 total carries a game with McKissic as our 3rd down back this year I think we’d have more wins.  Our passing game just isn’t advanced enough to win games being the focal point of our offense no matter who was our QB all year, mainly bc Rivera didn’t sign a #2 WR after striking out in Cooper which we all said was stupid and it remains to be stupid 10 months later.

We needed a Tennessee type offense given where our offensive talent was coming into this season w/ a Hall of Fame RB w/ Peterson and a super talented rookie in Gibson. Instead, Rivera/Turner installed a Kansas City style offense and we don’t have Mahomes. It never made sense.

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, MosEisley said:

I don't think 11 has much of a calf left in that leg.

I’m not sure, I think the front of his leg was the bigger problem then the back of his leg. That one picture of his leg showed basically nothing left of the front of his leg but I think he still had some calf.