What Song Are You Listening To?

D82

The Stones have always been a weird band to me. I like a lot of their songs but I feel like I don't ever seek out those I don't know and I'm not sure why this is the case. I don't own and probably never will own any of their albums either. Watching The Sopranos, this song came on and hotdamn it's solid!

Edited by JTagg7754

24 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

The Stones have always been a weird band to me. I like a lot of their songs but I feel like I don't ever seek out those I don't know and I'm not sure why this is the case. I don't own and probably never will own any of their albums either. 

I've always been in the same boat.  There are like a dozen Stones songs I really dig, but the few times I've tried listening to an album of there's all the way through, I always come away unimpressed.  They seem to be the masters of 1-2 really good songs and then churning out a bunch of crap to go with it and releasing an album.  I looked it up and they have 30, yes 30 studio albums.  Granted that's over the last 56 years, but 1964-1978 was when they were really churning them out year after year.  Every album I look up it's almost always the same.  1-3 good to great songs and then a bunch of filler.

• Like 2

I added some new music to my library. 

Disturbed and Godsmack are some serious guilty pleasures.  Every single one of their songs sound the same as any other one, but I like that sound. 

Added Trivium's discography.  They're kinda the same for me, and I dislike more of their songs than I like, but some of them I really like. 

Added Megadeth's greatest hits.  Not a fan.  Might keep two or three of their songs in my library, just like Iron Maiden.

Pantera I did not like except for Walk and 10's. 

In Flames is another guilty pleasure for the same reason.  All of their songs sound literally exactly the same. 

As I Lay Dying I feel weird listening to, but I knew they had some really catchy songs so I'm going through those.  Overall I do not like them. 

Dream Theater I feel like I would like more if I just listened to their albums without having them on shuffle like the rest of the new music I've added.  I like their following albums: Falling into Infinity, Train of Thought, Octavarium.  The rest I'm not crazy about. 

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I've always been in the same boat.  There are like a dozen Stones songs I really dig, but the few times I've tried listening to an album of there's all the way through, I always come away unimpressed.  They seem to be the masters of 1-2 really good songs and then churning out a bunch of crap to go with it and releasing an album.  I looked it up and they have 30, yes 30 studio albums.  Granted that's over the last 56 years, but 1964-1978 was when they were really churning them out year after year.  Every album I look up it's almost always the same.  1-3 good to great songs and then a bunch of filler.

I'm glad someone else gets it lol. I didn't realize it's been 30 records. That's a ton of music to sift through. If you've got some favorites, feel free to list them. I'd be open to listening to them if I haven't already.