A rule change that needs to be a thing

pf9

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

- Multi-ball down: You have about 4-5 Football shooting cannons lined up on the sidelines. When the QB hits the button implanted on the Cs butt, the balls fire. Whoever comes down with one better run, could be worth a multi TD!

- Release real, wild animals onto the field at a random time. Could you imagine Lamar Jackson running from Khali Mack ...and an ACTUAL bear?

- New position: Quad Back. It's like a RB or a LB, but they're on a motorized quad. Not to be confused with Chariot End.

- New position: Chariot End. It's like a DE or LT, but on a chariot pulled by horses. Not to be confused with Quad Back.

- Instead of yellow flags, refs throw hand grenades towards offending players. That'll teach you to not false start.

- The Domino's Pizza Touchdown Delivery, brought to you by Domino's: At random, a fan ordering a pizza will have their pizza baked by the QB on the field and delivered by a RB - if the defense stops him, no food for you. Think of the fan interaction on this one!

I'd watch all of this.

And yet this still wouldn’t be enough effort and passion for JJ Watt. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

Little known fact - Marshawn Lynch once played Quad Back for Cal in a critical game against the University of Washington. It was a gutsy performance from Beast Mode:

Lolol this was good. I can't even keep character now.

I was watching that live and I remember being so confused before bursting into laughter

• Like 1

No the rule shouldnt change if its 4th and 5 and you are about to go down you can easily intentionally fumble the ball and kick it forward in hopes someone on your team scoops it up. Browns fans can complain about it but the fact is you shouldn't have been down to a 1 team win that late in the game. If you are a true contender it should have been an easy win vs the jets. They still have a shot to beat the steelers and if they do then they are in but you can't blame the nfl's rules for losing this game it should have never gotten to this point for a playoff contender.

12 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

you shouldn't have been down to a 1 team win that late in the game

I agree with the beginning of your post but stuff like this should never ever factor into whether or not a rule should be enforced or changed, etc. 

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

I agree with the beginning of your post but stuff like this should never ever factor into whether or not a rule should be enforced or changed, etc. 

you are correct it shouldnt...but are you bringing this rule change discussion up because it wasn't in browns favor? I have seen other teams fumble on the 1 and the olineman scoop it up in the endzone this year yet they were brought back to the 1 because of it which leads to a 4th down forcing a fg and a turnover on downs so it has impacted a few games this year but the rule shouldnt be in favor for offensive players mistakes. While it sucks the Browns lost on that play, my point on bringing the 1 team win late in the game is more of a point showing that there were more issues involved on the reason why the browns lost not because of this 1 play. I am all for rule changes but I think this one should stay as is because it shouldn't benefit the offense for their mistakes.

21 hours ago, ET80 said:

- Multi-ball down: You have about 4-5 Football shooting cannons lined up on the sidelines. When the QB hits the button implanted on the Cs butt, the balls fire. Whoever comes down with one better run, could be worth a multi TD!

- Release real, wild animals onto the field at a random time. Could you imagine Lamar Jackson running from Khali Mack ...and an ACTUAL bear?

- New position: Quad Back. It's like a RB or a LB, but they're on a motorized quad. Not to be confused with Chariot End.

- New position: Chariot End. It's like a DE or LT, but on a chariot pulled by horses. Not to be confused with Quad Back.

- Instead of yellow flags, refs throw hand grenades towards offending players. That'll teach you to not false start.

- The Domino's Pizza Touchdown Delivery, brought to you by Domino's: At random, a fan ordering a pizza will have their pizza baked by the QB on the field and delivered by a RB - if the defense stops him, no food for you. Think of the fan interaction on this one!

I'd watch all of this.

Can you imagine a CB celebrating an incomplete pass where he blatantly interfered with a receiver, only to suddenly see a grenade at his feet while he's doing the "incomplete" motion with his hands over and over again? I'd actually very much enjoy this.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

you are correct it shouldnt...but are you bringing this rule change discussion up because it wasn't in browns favor? I have seen other teams fumble on the 1 and the olineman scoop it up in the endzone this year yet they were brought back to the 1 because of it which leads to a 4th down forcing a fg and a turnover on downs so it has impacted a few games this year but the rule shouldnt be in favor for offensive players mistakes. While it sucks the Browns lost on that play, my point on bringing the 1 team win late in the game is more of a point showing that there were more issues involved on the reason why the browns lost not because of this 1 play. I am all for rule changes but I think this one should stay as is because it shouldn't benefit the offense for their mistakes.

I never even saw the play lol. I'm only here because at the end of the original post the guy suggested you should be able to throw a forward pass beyond the like of scrimmage lol and I kept waiting for him to go into more detail

On 12/27/2020 at 11:20 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Okay to the first part, but thats my point to the 2nd part. I literally just saw 2 weeks ago Dobbins fumble and another player pick it up and run for a 1st down AGAINST the Browns.

So why when quite literally the exact same thing happens with Baker/Hunt, this random little sneaky niche rule nobody has ever heard of or knew existed come out of nowhere?

I think your leaving out 2 minutes left in the game part of the rule. Also fumble forward or backward the rule should still be applied. Its fourth down, your not going to make it, you drop the ball. You still have a chance, that's BS.  

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

I think your leaving out 2 minutes left in the game part of the rule. Also fumble forward or backward the rule should still be applied. Its fourth down, your not going to make it, you drop the ball. You still have a chance, that's BS.  

I dont think its that hard for the refs to differentiate a fumble caused by the defender and a purposeful drop of the ball for their team to go get.

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont think its that hard for the refs to differentiate a fumble caused by the defender and a purposeful drop of the ball for their team to go get.

So you want the refs to judge intent. Brown lost move on, if that happen against the Browns you would be all for the rule.

9 minutes ago, m haynes said:

So you want the refs to judge intent. Brown lost move on, if that happen against the Browns you would be all for the rule.

They judge pass interference which is a subjective call on nearly every down. I think it really is as simple as changing the rule to 'you cannot fumble forward and advance the ball' and if the ball goes backwards its live for anybody to get, same concept of QBs throwing WR screen passes and they constantly look to see if the ball goes forward or not to determine if its a live ball or not.

I understand the rule and get the loss, what Im questioning is how incredibly stupid that current rule is.

Edited by AkronsWitness