Week 16 Recap: Titans 3 weapons stymied, Packers Roll

mikebpackfan

Anyone starting to see why I’ve been pounding the table for a short Linsley extension? Our interior absolutely dominated tonight. Night and day from last week against Carolina and Corey is the reason why. Losing him is going to hurt what LaFleur loves to do and makes work so well badly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Anyone starting to see why I’ve been pounding the table for a short Linsley extension? Our interior absolutely dominated tonight. Night and day from last week against Carolina and Corey is the reason why. Losing him is going to hurt what LaFleur loves to do and makes work so well badly.

Why would he agree to a short-term deal?

4 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Snow was the Packers 12th defender. Hopefully they lock up the bye and we get more snow in both playoff games

Snow was also a great 12th blocker. That Jones long run where he stepped out of bounds got lost in the sauce. Snow came through for us there.  That and 12’s quick snap abilities to avoid the challenge. 

If Linsley can get a 5 year deal with huge guarantees you wish him well as he’s earned it. I’m just not convinced he’s going to see many offers like that in a year with so many questions about the cap. Centers are devalued around the league(which is probably part of the reason why so many here have been fine with letting him walk). If he’s happy here, which it seems he is, I don’t see why he wouldn’t want to be here if we offer him a competitive offer that’s a year or two short of the next best one. 

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Tennessee's a good team, and a good offense.  But man, most NFL teams will comply when you dare them to play with more than 2 WRs via your defensive alignments. 

But TN's defense is pretty bad.  Once they got behind and had to throw it made it easier for us.