What do you think is the Golden Age of Monday Night Football?

pf9

September 21, 2020 marked 50 years since the first MNF game on a regular basis.

To me, the golden age is the "Frank and Al and Dan" era. They were the MNF team the first 8 years of my life. I held the team in such high regard I wanted them to reunite on NBC SNF from 2012-14, to give Gifford a shot at making a Super Bowl his last NFL telecast ever (his last on ABC was the 1997 Pro Bowl, which is not nearly as exciting as the Super Bowl). Of course he passed away months after Super Bowl 49, thus had he called that game, it would have only been a 6-month turnaround from his final game as a broadcaster to his death.

What do you think is the golden age of MNF?

9 hours ago, rich homie said:

The switch with Sunday Night Football from basic TV to ESPN is what killed MNF.

I agree with this 100%

SNF is the big prime time football for me

MNF I actually skip often if I had a long Monday at work and I don't care about the teams

On 12/28/2020 at 10:54 AM, 7DnBrnc53 said:

They need to get rid of Thursday and Sunday night football and Make MNF great again.

What's SNF and TNF taking away from MNF though? It's not like it's the same networks running these games and they have limited sources. ESPN's only NFL broadcast is MNF so the fact it's no longer what it used to be is just a detriment to what a sh*t show ESPN has become. 

The 2000s were the golden age for me. It basically turned to poop after the start of the last decade...