What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

26 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

^ Thats more than I'd be willing to give up. I think Rodgers is slightly overrated but no doubt would be an enormous upgrade. I think i'd be willing to do 2021 1st, 2021 4th, 2022 1st, and Tim Patrick but not more than that. Not willing to give them Fant, Sutton or Jeudy. 

So one of the, at worst, top 10 QBs in NFL history is overrated but you’d be fine rolling the dice on an unproven rookie (not named Trevor Lawrence)? Again, I can understand the questions about Rodgers’ age and what he would cost but, overrated, really? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

All right, what do you offer for Aaron Rodgers?

Much as I think our offensive coaching staff is incompetent, they'd jump at the chance to make an elite offense with A-Rod and parlay a few years as HCs out of it, just look what Peyton did for Mike McCoy and Adam Gase?

It'd be Aaron's offense any way. I'd give up #9, next year's 1st and their pick of one of our WRs/Fant. 

I think given his age, the #9th pick in the draft is enough. Maybe a conditional mid-rounder in next years draft too.

7 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

So one of the, at worst, top 10 QBs in NFL history is overrated but you’d be fine rolling the dice on an unproven rookie (not named Trevor Lawrence)? Again, I can understand the questions about Rodgers’ age and what he would cost but, overrated, really? 

It's a combination of his age and new contract with the added, he isn't close to what his prime was. Obviously I still think he would completely elevate this team, but where I drew the line compensation wise is what I think he would be worth (which wasn't too far off from yours...). The fact you view him in higher regard than me is what the difference in what we're willing to trade in a package for him is. I don't get what we're debating... 

3 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

This could end up being the biggest tease ever but Allbright is strongly hinting at the Broncos getting Rodgers.

I doubt anything happens tonight but I really think it forces our hand to take a qb now as Green Bay will want something back qb wise.  I know they moved up to get Love and he is in their stable but don't you think these top 5 qb's surpass him?   Sadly though does that put Mac in play for us?  I think this GB crap will force our hand to go qb if we hope for a legit shot at him and I think we would have that shot.

6 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

It's a combination of his age and new contract with the added, he isn't close to what his prime was. Obviously I still think he would completely elevate this team, but where I drew the line compensation wise is what I think he would be worth (which wasn't too far off from yours...). The fact you view him in higher regard than me is what the difference in what we're willing to trade in a package for him is. I don't get what we're debating... 

Rodgers is a proven ELITE commodity, 50 TDs and 5 picks last year. Why not? No QB, no shot (look at the Colts). 

Want to rebuild, cool. But be patient then. No bailing after the rookie struggles after no offseason and crappy coaches. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, anewdawn said:

I doubt anything happens tonight but I really think it forces our hand to take a qb now as Green Bay will want something back qb wise.  I know they moved up to get Love and he is in their stable but don't you think these top 5 qb's surpass him?   Sadly though does that put Mac in play for us?  I think this GB crap will force our hand to go qb if we hope for a legit shot at him and I think we would have that shot.

They have love I’m guessing they’d like a pick instead of QB

5 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I don’t know man, for 2-3 years? Favre went for a 4th. Now I think Rodgers has a bit more left and is playing better right now than Favre was but that’s steep. That’s what I would have paid 5 years ago. Honestly I’d go # 9 and their pick of our pass catchers for Rodgers and #29

Agreed. No doubt, Rogers is still elite, and anti-aging technology has come a long ways over the last 30 years. But he's still 37. And he looks older than Tom Brady. I think getting him buys you a 2-3 year window of dominance at best, which is basically what we got out of PFM. And maybe you take that; we did get a super bowl out of the deal last time. But giving up that much also creates that much larger of a void once the QB retires. Guess it comes down to whether or not they really believe we're in a place to win a championship with him.

Personally, I'm not so sure. Historically, I as wells as some of you, have had a tendency to grossly overestimate Denver's actual talent level. Every year, I convince myself that we are a supremely talented group that are really going to shine this year. And then we play an actual contender. And just like that, it becomes glaringly clear that we're average across the board. I really don't know that we're loaded enough to win a championship with Aaron Rogers. And if not, it isn't worth giving up that kind of capital.

1 minute ago, 1234567 said:

Agreed. No doubt, Rogers is still elite, and anti-aging technology has come a long ways over the last 30 years. But he's still 37. And he looks older than Tom Brady. I think getting him buys you a 2-3 year window of dominance at best, which is basically what we got out of PFM. And maybe you take that; we did get a super bowl out of the deal last time. But giving up that much also creates that much larger of a void once the QB retires. Guess it comes down to whether or not they really believe we're in a place to win a championship with him.

Personally, I'm not so sure. Historically, I as wells as some of you, have had a tendency to grossly overestimate Denver's actual talent level. Every year, I convince myself that we are a supremely talented group that are really going to shine this year. And then we play an actual contender. And just like that, it becomes glaringly clear that we're average across the board. I really don't know that we're loaded enough to win a championship with Aaron Rogers. And if not, it isn't worth giving up that kind of capital.

The Broncos went 7-9 last year despite having the worst starting QB in the NFL behind center. Their defense and playmakers on offense are very much elite

12 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

We have names with potential at skill positions. 

Bolles was horrible until last year, let’s hope his improvement sticks. Let’s hope Sutton’s injury doesn’t set him back. Let’s hope Jeudy can lick the drop problem and not smoke himself stupid and out of the league. Let’s hope Von and Chubb stay healthy. Let’s hope DreMont keeps progressing. Let’s hope our 1year rental secondary keeps it up. Let’s hope Risner’s rookie year and second half of last year are the norm, not the first half of last years. 

That’s a lot of ifs. We have NO depth. This is a bottom 3rd if not bottom 4th roster. At best. And a bottom-3 coaching staff. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 1