What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

2 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

A rookie starting late in the year with no tape on him looking halfway decent? Hmm never seen that before. 

Scags designed plays to get WRs open and make easy reads/throws. Shurmer requires a lot more drop back, read the defense and make the decision himself. Which Lock clearly wasnt good enough to do.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Scags designed plays to get WRs open and make easy reads/throws. Shurmer requires a lot more drop back, read the defense and make the decision himself. Which Lock clearly wasnt good enough to do.

Yet was a terrible OC and shows why QBs fail quickly in that offense because it’s so simple it masks weaknesses temporarily.

Either way Lock’s stats were inflated with bad teams but also there was no tape of him to go off so better stats make sense.

2 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Unfortunately he’s a QBS, this is the NFL, the we’re the Broncos. The kid will never get the chance to sit and learn. He will be pushed into service, will struggle and we will be talking about drafting a QB again in 2024.

That's the most astute comment yet in the 90 pages of QB responses. Personally, I'm hoping Paton, the coaches and the FO break that mold this year and give Drew his "make or break" year. We have a huge investment in him right now, between the draft pick and all the training he's received. Let's see if he can put it together.

• Like 1

Look, we don't need to fight about Scags/Shurmur. The point I was making was that Drew was a much better fit for the Scags offense than the Shurmur - which I think most if not all here agree - there is no telling how things would have turned out had Scags stayed here for another year. But it wouldn't have been worse, especially since Drew and the offense didn't get an offseason because of COVID, than if we had Scags last year. Vic and Scags didn't get along and no one, not the team president, the GM or the Asst GM, stepped in to tell Vic and Scags to act like men and work out their differences for the betterment of the team. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

Drew Lock being incapable of handling Shurmur’s offense is more of an indictment of Drew Lock. Plenty of QBs with less talent have had their best production under Shurmur and Daniel Jones played well above expectations as a rookie. 

After a full offseason and half a regular season. Drew started playing better the last half of the season too.

• Like 3

All right, what do you offer for Aaron Rodgers?

Much as I think our offensive coaching staff is incompetent, they'd jump at the chance to make an elite offense with A-Rod and parlay a few years as HCs out of it, just look what Peyton did for Mike McCoy and Adam Gase?

It'd be Aaron's offense any way. I'd give up #9, next year's 1st and their pick of one of our WRs/Fant. 

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Much as I think our offensive coaching staff is incompetent, they'd jump at the chance to make an elite offense with A-Rod and parlay a few years as HCs out of it, just look what Peyton did for Mike McCoy and Adam Gase?

It'd be Aaron's offense any way. I'd give up #9, next year's 1st and their pick of one of our WRs/Fant. 

Yeah that’s where I’m at too.  I’d personally prefer to keep Fant at this point but any of the WRs could go 

^ Thats more than I'd be willing to give up. I think Rodgers is slightly overrated but no doubt would be an enormous upgrade. I think i'd be willing to do 2021 1st, 2021 4th, 2022 1st, and Tim Patrick but not more than that. Not willing to give them Fant, Sutton or Jeudy. 

5 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I don’t know man, for 2-3 years? Favre went for a 4th. Now I think Rodgers has a bit more left and is playing better right now than Favre was but that’s steep. That’s what I would have paid 5 years ago. Honestly I’d go # 9 and their pick of our pass catchers for Rodgers and #29

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I don’t know man, for 2-3 years? Favre went for a 4th. Now I think Rodgers has a bit more left and is playing better right now than Favre was but that’s steep. That’s what I would have paid 5 years ago. Honestly I’d go # 9 and their pick of our pass catchers for Rodgers and #29

If Aaron is motivated - as we saw last year when they drafted Love and he got pissedoff - he’s as good, if not better, than any QB in the league, including the guy plays for the team that’s 600 miles east on I70. He will come here and be as motivated as can be. 

His age is a concern but does he appear to have lost a lot? That is the gamble. I understand it. A lot of people were worried about Peyton with the neck and that turned out okay. 

I can see all side but it’s a roll of the dice I’d be willing to take. 

• Like 1