Brian Daboll is the real deal. Should be a HC Next year. Jags or Bolts best fits

brushmyhair

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

No, not a must win. If in must win, i prolly dont take anyone over Brady, still.

To me that translates to you believing that right now Brady > Hebert

That's not much of a knock on Hebert.  A year from now that could be a different answer.

Edited by Mazrimiv

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

To me that translates to you believing that right now Brady > Hebert

That's not much of a knock on Hebert

That's not how i measure qbs. That is situational value over positional value. If i watch the 2 right now and obviously going forward, with all things equal, i think Herbert is better.

if using situational value... i don't trust Herbert yet for success there. I definitely trust Brady.

23 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Allen is bigger, more athletic, and has a stronger arm (no knock on Herbert, Allen has a stronger arm than everybody else.  Allen's arm is just stupid.  78 mph fastest fastball ever by more than 10 mph)  That's why there aren't Allen clones. 

Pretty much this. My main concern currently with Allen is he still seems to hold onto the ball too long and fumble too much. Though the problem seem to have gotten better the last few games.

Edit: at the end of the day, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. And I think both respective teams are happy with their drafted QBs.

Edited by Xenos

7 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Pretty much this. My main concern currently with Allen is he still seems to hold onto the ball too long and fumble too much. Though the problem seem to have gotten better the last few games.

Edit: at the end of the day, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. And I think both respective teams are happy with their drafted QBs.

The fumbles are easily the biggest thing, but I feel like it's been a while since he has fumbled. The holding onto the ball thing goes hand in hand with the off script playmaking. I'll take those lumps knowing we get the chunk plays much more often now.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

If Chargers win tomorrow, i don't think Lynn leaves. Any chance Daboll comes as OC and incumbent in waiting if Lynn fails in 2021? I'm guessing no, since he will be in demand as a HC in 2021.

50/50 probability of being fired IMO. 

23 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

If Chargers win tomorrow, i don't think Lynn leaves. Any chance Daboll comes as OC and incumbent in waiting if Lynn fails in 2021? I'm guessing no, since he will be in demand as a HC in 2021.

To not fire Lynn would be horrific for Herberts Development

Herbert stats against playoff teams (not counting yesterday's game but should, can only play against what is in front of you)

Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Y/A
93 144 64.68 1181 9 3 8.20

Btw He should be 3-1 in those games if he had a coach that understood football. Simple as that. He didn't need a coach that had a better system, better schemes, that taught better. He only needed a coach that was a football nerd and he'd be 3-1. He had a bad int against KC when he started on hours notice on a season he had no OTAs or preseasons that made even Brady struggle understanding the new concepts he had to learn to run the offense but he should be in that position there.

Those were against AFC/NFL #1 AFC #2 / NFC #2 NFC #5 so it's not like those were against fringe playoff teams. They easily could be in the post season right now with a coach that understood situational football. Easily.

I watched all those games live and lets forget about stats, if you watched him live you'd be impressed @VanS. Against the bucs he was toying with the blitzing schemes that confused the hell out of Rodgers weeks later. He reads blitz very well and can throw hot but also can pull a mahomes and sprint backwards and throw deep. Not sure now but at one point he was top3 against blitz? As a rookie? No preseason, no OTAs? With a dumb coach? That's just freaking amazing.

Of course he can take it for granted and stop working on his craft, studying the game and then D.Coordinators will punish him but if even if he stops progressing he already is a top10 QB and half of the QBs that may be ahead of him are gonna retire in the next 5 years.

Edited by LaFellSBXLIXMVP
  • Like 2