-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

34 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Here's a name I haven't seen mentioned here yet - James Urban. He's from the Reid tree and apparently Lurie wanted him as our OC last year. 

Don't be surprised if Smith/Daboll say no and Urban is our third or fourth option. 

Would fit with a Lurie move, heard him and Pep Hamilton talked about in the same sentence as left field kinda guys...which is where Lurie likes to pick from.

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Would fit with a Lurie move, heard him and Pep Hamilton talked about in the same sentence as left field kinda guys...which is where Lurie likes to pick from.

Didnt Urban say no to being the OC last year? Would he come here to be the head coach?

17 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I like Pep Hamilton too. Did wonders for a promising young QB. Maybe he could do that here. 

10 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Didnt Urban say no to being the OC last year? Would he come here to be the head coach?

Would depend on if he didn't want to come because of lack of playcalling or if he wanted to avoid the organization as a whole. He wasn't really here at all for the rise of Howie, but doesn't mean other parts of the reid branch hasn't talked. He's also a big Marty guy.

My wishlist is something along the lines of

1. Arthur Smith
  2. Daboll
  3. Saleh

...but honestly for fans this whole process, with wishing for certain hires over others, seems to be a pretty huge crapshoot. A coach's philosophies on leadership, team building, practice, etc. are all major factors that we have no idea about without sitting in on the interview. Most importantly, Howie is still here, so we will still be losers at the end of the day.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Is this because no one else is agreeing to interviews?

So far all these interviews point to one thing, the lack of respect in building for Doug was perhaps real and a bigger issue.  And I think the aloofness we all kinda made fun of (Doug’s assault on that water bottle during a press conference ) maybe was part of a bigger issue.

I was watching some Mayo vids after I saw this, and present was like the biggest read I could get off them. and know a lot of the other guys kinda have that too.

Because if we are seriously looking at some of these guys like Saleh, the one thing they seemingly bring is more accountability and being more present. Even Bowles who is like watching paint dry in press conferences, gets on guys.

Other thing is maybe they look at some of these guys for DC or OC and this is the easiest way to have a conversation with them.

This first batch of names is so not what I thought they’d look for after Riley