Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

Any offer above 3 FRP's (and if we're talking "value" five FRPs in value) is an absolute fleece. Deshaun isn't worth that, hasn't done enough in his career to be worth that. We accomplished exactly what Deshaun did with Matt Schaub and that's a problem. (And before you say its all BoB's fault, BoB wouldnt be our HC for as long as he was if Deshaun didn't vouch for him to ownership.)

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah, the owners really seem to value Watson’s opinion...

We do care about him despite what he says. 2 FRP's given up to draft him, 2 FRP's given up to protect him, one pick we used to draft Tytus, once again, to protect him, let BoB stay after the KC game because Watson made a public plea for him, signed him to a gigantic deal, signed a LT to a gigantic deal and reset the market to make him happy and then let him pick his own OC for this season. To think this screams that the organization hates him is insane, he's been given everything and more and the Texans are in hell because they tried to appease him, he didn't get a say on the GM pick and apparently now FO doesn't care about him lol.

13 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah, the owners really seem to value Watson’s opinion...

9 minutes ago, Drained said:

We do care about him despite what he says. 2 FRP's given up to draft him, 2 FRP's given up to protect him, one pick we used to draft Tytus, once again, to protect him, let BoB stay after the KC game because Watson made a public plea for him, signed him to a gigantic deal, signed a LT to a gigantic deal and reset the market to make him happy and then let him pick his own OC for this season. To think this screams that the organization hates him is insane, he's been given everything and more and the Texans are in hell because they tried to appease him, he didn't get a say on the GM pick and apparently now FO doesn't care about him lol.

We? When did you become part of the ownership in Houston? 

11 minutes ago, Drained said:

Maybe Watson’s entitled and thinks he deserves more say/more face than he’s gotten. Maybe the organization’s disrespected him. Who knows? I don’t care. But it’s a hard sell that Watson wanted to keep BoB and that’s why he wasn’t fired sooner, lol. I mean, maybe within the realm of this season? Maybe, if that. Putting Watson and Schuab in the same sentence kind of just shows you’re already in coping mode.

Also a hard sell that improving the offense = appeasing Watson, lol. If that’s how it is then every draft pick and every signing must be because they’re appeasing the QB! 

12 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Maybe Watson’s entitled and thinks he deserves more say/more face than he’s gotten. Maybe the organization’s disrespected him. Who knows? I don’t care. But it’s a hard sell that Watson wanted to keep BoB and that’s why he wasn’t fired sooner, lol. I mean, maybe within the realm of this season? Maybe, if that. Putting Watson and Schuab in the same sentence kind of just shows you’re already in coping mode.

Also a hard sell that improving the offense = appeasing Watson, lol. If that’s how it is then every draft pick and every signing must be because they’re appeasing the QB! 

Of course I'm in coping mode, my franchise QB wants to leave and we've spent the last three years trying our best to do anything that could to not make him turn into Andrew Luck.

And I didn't say improving the offense = appeasing Watson. He took 63 sacks in a season and we spent 3 FRP's on an o-line, if that isn't appeasing Watson and making him more protected I don't know what is, on top of that we spent 66 million on one of those o-linemen lmao.

20 minutes ago, Drained said:

Of course I'm in coping mode, my franchise QB wants to leave and we've spent the last three years trying our best to do anything that could to not make him turn into Andrew Luck.

And I didn't say improving the offense = appeasing Watson. He took 63 sacks in a season and we spent 3 FRP's on an o-line, if that isn't appeasing Watson and making him more protected I don't know what is, on top of that we spent 66 million on one of those o-linemen lmao.

Uhhh yeah, that’s just improving the team. The QB can be Watson or it can be bad attitude Jay Cutler - 63 sacks is a problem that needs addressing, regardless of who’s taking snaps. An example of appeasing Watson would be, perhaps, giving him some insight into the HC/GM search. Or notifying him when his best friend/#1 wide receiver gets traded for peanuts. 

Again, don’t know (nobody here does) and don’t care where the line is on the Watson-disrespect line. You’re not going to sell anybody that the owners/FO give a damn about Watson’s opinion though.

2 hours ago, Drained said:

Any offer above 3 FRP's (and if we're talking "value" five FRPs in value) is an absolute fleece. Deshaun isn't worth that, hasn't done enough in his career to be worth that. We accomplished exactly what Deshaun did with Matt Schaub and that's a problem. (And before you say its all BoB's fault, BoB wouldnt be our HC for as long as he was if Deshaun didn't vouch for him to ownership.)

Didn't Schaub play under a completely different regime with Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak in the front office working together? I think Watson on those Houston squads circa 2011-2012 gets farther than Schaub could take them. And I can't see Schaub having a season like Watson did this past year throwing to average joes for a good amount of the year. Watson is a better player definitively playing in a worse era of Houston football in comparison to Matt. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Drained said:

Stop drinking the Easterby Kool Aid.

• Like 5

The Stafford/Goff deal is just a prime example that the cost of a beaten up 33 year old qb for two 1st a 3rd and a bloated contract in a young QB of why Watson's value isn't worth trading for. If a team is going to spend 2 1st rds, 2 2nd rds, and 2 3rd rds to move up to get Goff and then later trade him away for 2 1st and a 3rd proves, that 3 first rds isnt going to get it done. Watson has been a top 10 qb and still in his prime. The asking amount would be greatly to much for any team even with those teams with multiple 1st rd picks this year. Any team going to go after him is going to mortgage the future in hopes to turn this organization around, and those who have the ammo to do so have to many holes at other positions that it will keep them at ground level. Only a couple of teams can actually afford to offer their entire drafts for the next 2 years to go all in on a superbowl run and I truly think it is the Niners as they have majority of the pieces in place. The problem is they are in a tough division which can cause some issues. It is either a team is going to vastly overpay for Watson or Texans are just going to give him away and be in an even worse position then they already are. I think the Texans just say this is where you are at lets work on our relationship and move forward to the season with you still on the roster. If he sits out so be it then that is on him and the team collects money back but the worst thing this team can do is give him away for far less then what he is worth. 

19 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

If you're a team in need of a legit top of the league QB and aren't willing to trade three 1sts...enjoy being in limbo

If it was ONLY 3 1st's i think a lot of teams would happily offer that. 

But if we start asking for multiple 2nd's & elite young players, etc than it gets tougher to meet that price.

• Like 1