Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

4 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

If it was ONLY 3 1st's i think a lot of teams would happily offer that. 

But if we start asking for multiple 2nd's & elite young players, etc than it gets tougher to meet that price.

I agree with you that it gets much trickier once you add more than the three 1sts but finding a legit elite QB is just so tough to do. I was wrong about Lamar Jackson but I'm not sure he has enough to make a run in the AFC playoffs and win a Super Bowl...also I really like Josh Allen and am surprised he took this big of a step, but again its tough to imagine him leading his team past KC moving forward in the playoffs.....Watson is a guy I feel can go toe to toe with Mahomes if hes on the right team

If you have a chance to get a QB like Watson and have to overpay (to an extent) then I believe you do so

19 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm so... I don't know. I just want to get to the end of this. I can't take this anymore.

Media is bored and they just want to throw stuff out there. I am glad his agent called it out and this will likely go on before and after the superbowl. These guys are making a career out of making things up in hopes to actually hit on it. Things are said then twisted in to a version they want whether it is factual or not. I wouldn't stress over it these guys get away with the fake news with zero repercussions and make money off of the clicks. It is sad that this is what sporting news has come to but thats the only way they get paid. The problem is fans like the ones in the forum including you and I get stuck having to hear this garbage and have to assume there is some form of realness to it as why report a lie, thinking that they will get let go for false news, but that is now the norm these days and anything can be said. The organization is damned if they say something and damned if they do not respond. Majority is nonsense but there are always those who slip in things on either side in hopes to get things stirred. As a non Texan fan I do hope this thing is cleared up and it is overblown and he stays. If he is moved then I have a feeling the NFL will only get worse by more and more absurd trades like the NBA. 

3 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

What players would the Texans fans accept a 1 for 1 for?

@ET80

Like would they say no if the Bills offered Allen, or if the Ravens offered Lamar?

Tbh i don’t think either team would even enter that rabbit hole, but hypothetically speaking? Would be insane 

Watson is better than both those QBs and although trading for Allen or Lamar would have the benefit of them being on a rookie contract still you're going to have to pay those two guys heck of a lot of money pretty soon and their deals will both likely eclipse that of Watson's, because that's just the way it goes.

6 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

What players would the Texans fans accept a 1 for 1 for?

@ET80

Like would they say no if the Bills offered Allen, or if the Ravens offered Lamar?

Mahomes, Allen. Russell Wilson, but the age difference would concern me. I'd say no to Lamar because our OC wouldn't know how to effectively use him.

That's all I can think of now. There might be a few more.

25 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Watson is better than both those QBs and although trading for Allen or Lamar would have the benefit of them being on a rookie contract still you're going to have to pay those two guys heck of a lot of money pretty soon and their deals will both likely eclipse that of Watson's, because that's just the way it goes.

Sure, but wouldn't you take those back instead of Tua and a couple firsts potentially? At least Josh and Lamar have shown they can be a top 5 QB for a season.

Being a Bills fan, it would be absurd to trade Josh after the season he just had, I don't know if I could stomach it. Watson is great, but there's something to be said about us drafting Josh, and the growth he's had. I just wanted to see from a Texans POV

What is the best package LV could realistically offer if they were to get a 1st for Carr? I don’t see him getting that much in a trade, but I’m sure there’s at least one franchise who would disagree with me and give that up so odds are they just might. Also what young player do they have that they could throw into this deal to sweeten it would Houston want? The only name I can think off the top of my head is Trayvon Mullen and he really fell off at the end of the year despite looking like a breakout player early in the season. 

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

What is the best package LV could realistically offer if they were to get a 1st for Carr? I don’t see him getting that much in a trade, but I’m sure there’s at least one franchise who would disagree with me and give that up so odds are they just might. Also what young player do they have that they could throw into this deal to sweeten it would Houston want? The only name I can think off the top of my head is Trayvon Mullen and he really fell off at the end of the year despite looking like a breakout player early in the season. 

Carr would definitely get at least a Mid 1st Round pick straight up. He had a pretty good season and is probably the 13th-14th best QB in the league. He can certainly help some stacked roster win a ring.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr would definitely get at least a Mid 1st Round pick straight up. He had a pretty good season and is probably the 13th-14th best QB in the league. He can certainly help some stacked roster win a ring.

I can definitely understand the argument for giving up a 1st for him, I just personally probably wouldn’t. That doesn’t answer my question about the package you’d put together to get Houston to listen though.