Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

4 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

I did martial arts for 9 years, I can do this all week. I was almost as good at it as I am at derailing threads.

Awesome - I actually took it for about 14 years, used to train with Stephen Lopez and the Elite TKD group (granted, that was over 20 years ago).

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Awesome - I actually took it for about 14 years, used to train with Stephen Lopez and the Elite TKD group (granted, that was over 20 years ago).

I did some amalgamation of karate, kickboxing and muay thai growing up. Lol, I'm no warrior. I enjoyed doing it though and got two black belts out of it, and fond memories. I will do it again some day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

No, i'm not overvaluing Waller though. A first maybe but not 2.

Why would you want to trade Waller way for a 1st. To then try and find another Waller?

How many 1st round players last year are better then Waller?

1st round picks are massively overrated. For a proven elite player like Waller you'd want multiple 1sts. 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

What!?

So, you're saying that Darren Waller is worth more than Stefon Diggs? Odell Beckham Jr from his NYG days? DeAndre Hopkins? Antonio Brown coming out of Pittsburgh? 

There are times where a OH HELL NO is appropriate... and this is one of those times.

If you could get Waller for a single 1st right now half the league would be offering the trade.  Hopkins was clearly worth two 1sts. 

Odell value was close to two firsts and been bad since leaving. 

All three where demanding a trade which powers trade value and wanted a new contract which also decreases trade value.

If a team wanted to trade for Diggs, Buffalo would want two 1sts. 

AB was a lose cannon. 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think you're underrating how teams value FRPs. How you value them is irrelevant, unless you're working for an NFL team (you're not).

Two firsts and change for a TE? Madden doesn't even give that trade a thumbs up.

How many first round picks last year are better then Waller on his contract?

Kyle Pitts will go top 10 in the draft, on the hope he's Waller.  Why draft Pitts and hope he's Waller when you could just trade for him?

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

You have to look deeper at each teams' ability to create cap space.   Raiders are 10M over the cap.

But right away, with Tyrell Williams and Lamarcus Joyner cut, they save 20.3M.   If they lose Incognito that gets them to 26M (another 5.6M saved).

Restructures with Brown, Rodney Hudson, Gabe Jackson, Carl Nassib & Waller saves another 25M

The Raiders go from a deficit of 10M to a surplus of 40M, keep Brown & Waller.   They can easily sign Agholor, especially since year 1 doesn't end up being expensive in most deal.  Then when the 2022 cap goes back up to 220M, as forecasted (or even higher after the TV deal) - the Raiders extra cap hits pushed back are very manageable. 

Pretty much half the league is going to face what the Raiders face because of the 25M cap cut from Covid for 2021.   Pretty much every team in that boat will do what LV can do above.   If your negative balance is 30M or less, unless you've already leveraged out your big contracts last year, then most teams have 40-50M in outs.

The point being - Agholor & Waller & RT Brown can be kept, or Agholor upgraded on in FA, without much difficulty.   The only teams in real trouble are PHI & NO (maybe ATL, although they have big contracts they can restructure - their problem is their overall roster makeup is top-heavy and aging, but that's another topic), and even they have outs (it will hurt them far worse than it will hurt other teams, though). 

True but I think they get rid of Trent Brown he's to much of a risk not to be healthy. You don't draft two high WR to pay one in FA when your #1 Reciver is already a TE, especially when defense needs some FAs to fix it.

1 minute ago, OnlyGlove said:

How many first round picks last year are better then Waller on his contract?

Kyle Pitts will go top 10 in the draft, on the hope he's Waller.  Why draft Pitts and hope he's Waller when you could just trade for him?

Because Pitts is 20 years old versus 29, on a rookie contract and has all of the potential to be better than Waller. 

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Because Pitts is 20 years old versus 29, on a rookie contract and has all of the potential to be better than Waller. 

Odds say he won't be better then Waller. $6m a year contract isn't even that much more expensive too. Wallers late start probably means he'll play another 5 years at a high level. 

If Buckner didn't need to get a new contract. 49ers wouldn't have traded him for a single 1st and get Kinlaw. They'd want a lot more.  Early signs say Colts got much better value too

2 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

Odds say he won't be better then Waller. $6m a year contract isn't even that much more expensive too. Wallers late start probably means he'll play another 5 years at a high level. 

If Buckner didn't need to get a new contract. 49ers wouldn't have traded him for a single 1st and get Kinlaw. They'd want a lot more.  Early signs say Colts got much better value too

We can agree to disagree