Deshaun Watson requests trade

49ersfan

How does this look?

New England receives: Derek Carr, 2021 Houston 6th Round Pick, 2022 Raiders 5th Round Pick

Houston receives: #15, #17, 2022 Raiders 1st Round Pick, 2022 Raiders 2nd round pick, 2021 Patriots 3rd Round Pick, and Houston picks 1 of Trayvon Mullen, Maxx Crosby, or Johnathan Abram

Las Vegas receives: Deshaun Watson

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I'd prefer Spencer Rattler...

86886bec-750b-49fc-ad0f-7eb97c01e9b4-USA

Lincoln Riley does good work with QBs - Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Jalen Hurts - and Rattler has been learning from him since his Freshman season.

And... C'mon, the Texans Rattlesnake? Marketing doesn't even have to be good to get that hashtagging.

Fool's gold, my friend. Trust me on this one.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Chicago Receives:

Derek Carr

Raiders 2021 2nd

Raiders Receive:

Deshaun Watson

Texans Receive:

Nick Foles

Raiders 2021 1st

Bears 2021 1st

Raiders 2022 1st

Bears 2022 1st

Josh Jacobs

I don't see any way that Chicago would give up 2 FRP's and Josh Jacobs for Derek Carr and a 2nd round pick ... 

9 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I don't see any way that Chicago would give up 2 FRP's and Josh Jacobs for Derek Carr and a 2nd round pick ... 

Josh jacobs is a raider. 

Chicago is giving up two firsts and Foles. They are getting carr and raiders current second. Foles is a negative equity contract right now (he costs more to cut than keep, so only trading him saves money).

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Josh jacobs is a raider. 

Chicago is giving up two firsts and Foles. They are getting carr and raiders current second. Foles is a negative equity contract right now (he costs more to cut than keep, so only trading him saves money).

Lmfao - Forgive me, long day! Definitely was thinking Monty when I read that and for some reason associated Jacobs as Monty and the Bears. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

How does this look?

New England receives: Derek Carr, 2021 Houston 6th Round Pick, 2022 Raiders 5th Round Pick

Houston receives: #15, #17, 2022 Raiders 1st Round Pick, 2022 Raiders 2nd round pick, 2021 Patriots 3rd Round Pick, and Houston picks 1 of Trayvon Mullen, Maxx Crosby, or Johnathan Abram

Las Vegas receives: Deshaun Watson

Take Mullen off the table and yes please. Carr, 2 1sts, 1 2nd, a 5th and a situational pass-rusher/injury prone box Safety for a top 5 QB in his prime? Yuuuup. Mullen is super promising and I'm excited to see him on a non Paul Guenther D.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Nick Foles, David Culley, Nick Caserio, Jack Easterby. No Watson, no Watt, no Fuller, no Tunsil (you've got to figure he's next to be traded).

That team's going 0-16. Gonna get outscored by 40+ every week.

speaking of watt....how much does he have left in the tank, do you think? i didn't really notice him when we played houston this year (and boy am i used to noticing him) but that also might have been because the offenses were busy giving me a heart attack. i'd be shocked if houston traded him to a division rival and i don't even think we can afford him, really, but there are some rumblings that we might kick the tires.

44 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Take Mullen off the table and yes please. Carr, 2 1sts, 1 2nd, a 5th and a situational pass-rusher/injury prone box Safety for a top 5 QB in his prime? Yuuuup. Mullen is super promising and I'm excited to see him on a non Paul Guenther D.

As much as I love that deal, don’t think it gets it done.

Derek Carr -> Washington Football Team if Jack Del Rio signs off on him being playoff caliber leader (2020 1st + picks the Raiders keep probably in the 3rd and lower round range potentially 2021 or 2022 picks)
Marcus Mariota + Darren Waller -> New England Patriots (2020 2nd + 2021 1st)

2021 17th overall pick (LVR) -> Houston Texans
2021 19th overall pick (WFT) -> Houston Texans
2022 1st round pick (LVR) -> Houston Texans
2022 1st round pick (NEP)-> Houston Texans
2021 46th overall pick (NEP)-> Houston Texans
2021 48th overall pick (LVR)-> Houston Texans
2022 2nd round pick (LVR)-> Houston Texans
2023 1st round pick (LVR) -> Houston Texans

Deshaun Watson -> Las Vegas Raiders
2023 2nd round pick -> Las Vegas Raiders

That would be 5 firsts +

Edited by Trojan

Is two firsts for Carr that crazy of a deal?

$19m cap hit for the next two years. Looks a top 15/10 Qb depending on who you like and only just turning 30. Comparing to Stafford he's not got any injury problems, got a better career Accuracy, TD ratio and QB rating.

Let's not forget Lions where shopping Stafford so that lowers his price. Raiders would only trade him if an offer blows them away and allows them to get Watson. 

Carr for a 1st and 2nd and I bet a few teams would be very interested. 

Watson for the flipped Carr picks, Mariota for bridge QB with upside and Trent Brown (Pats connection) plus raiders next couple of 1st rounders. 

I think Watson will be a blockbuster trade but less then what people think, he can control who he goes too. He can take teams out of the running and that decreases his value as Texans have less control to bid him up

5 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Derek Carr -> Washington Football Team if Jack Del Rio signs off on him being playoff caliber leader (2020 1st + picks the Raiders keep probably in the 3rd and lower round range potentially 2021 or 2022 picks)
Marcus Mariota + Darren Waller -> New England Patriots (2020 2nd + 2021 1st)

2020 17th overall pick (LVR) -> Houston Texans
2020 19th overall pick (WFT) -> Houston Texans
2021 1st round pick (LVR) -> Houston Texans
2021 1st round pick (NEP)-> Houston Texans
2020 46th overall pick (NEP)-> Houston Texans
2020 48th overall pick (LVR)-> Houston Texans
2021 2nd round pick (LVR)-> Houston Texans
2022 1st round pick (LVR) -> Houston Texans

Deshaun Watson -> Las Vegas Raiders
2022 2nd round pick -> Las Vegas Raiders

That would be 5 firsts +

Waller is probably worth two first rounds picks and change by himself. Cant see them trading him away to get Watson. That weakness the offense more them strengthens.

6 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

Waller is probably worth two first rounds picks and change by himself. Cant see them trading him away to get Watson. That weakness the offense more them strengthens.

Then get that additional 1st and offer the Texans 6+ firsts. Or keep some seconds or whatever. The Raiders could be players and generate capital.

QB: Watson
RB: Jacobs
WR: Ruggs
WR: Someone (Agholor or some FA)
TE: Foster Moreau
OL: Raiders have a decent group (Miller, Incognito, Hudson, Jackson, Brown with Good, Simpson and Parker as primary reserves pending changes)

Is an upgraded offense.

Edited by Trojan

Just now, Trojan said:

Then get that additional 1st and offer the Texans 6+ firsts.

It won't take 6 1sts. 

You aren't trying to give Texans an offer they can't refuse. He wants out and won't play for them again. It's about giving them the best offer on the table.  It's a completely different trade environment. 

Add the none trade clause that takes out potentially multiple bidding teams.

I can't see many teams he'd accept joining being being able to offer 4 1sts (Carr bringing in one or two of them) replacement Bridge QB with real starting upside (Martioa) and franchise right tackle in Trent Brown (that has pats connection) 

Colts, Washington and Bears can only offer 3 1sts (as you can't trade further then 3 drafts) so would have to trade players away. Raiders trade away players are two QBs they wouldn't need and a tackle they'll be traded away anyway.

26 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Then get that additional 1st and offer the Texans 6+ firsts. Or keep some seconds or whatever. The Raiders could be players and generate capital.

QB: Watson
RB: Jacobs
WR: Ruggs
WR: Someone (Agholor or some FA)
TE: Foster Moreau
OL: Raiders have a decent group (Miller, Incognito, Hudson, Jackson, Brown with Good, Simpson and Parker as primary reserves pending changes)

Is an upgraded offense.

Raiders have limited cap space so will lose Agholor. So can't add losing Waller. Going to lose Brown and Richie too. 

Jacobs, Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow and Moreau would be one of the worse group of weapons in the league.  Two of them barely played last year.