Which teams should NOT consider trading for D. Watson?

Uncle Buck

This is all premature anyways. I haven't seen anything definitive about him asking out yet. Yes, he asked his teammates about it, allegedly. I haven't heard about how his teammates responded because my response would be "hell no, you stay here. With me. Please?"

And like Watt, he has emotional connections to the city. Him and Watt moved me, a broke *** Minnesotan, to donate to Harvey's relief charity.

38 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Who can even afford to eat the price of a Deshaun Watson? 

Teams build by acquiring picks usually, not sending them away (even if it is a talent like Deshaun Watson)

Yeah, put me in the camp that says the list of teams that shouldn't consider it is pretty long.

Watson would be an upgrade for most teams at QB, but that doesn't mean you consider trading for him.  He's gonna cost a first rounder plus, and a high paid QB contract.

I wouldn't want the Titans to.  I wouldn't expect the Jags, Falcons, Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Packers, Dolphins, Bills, Jets, Chargers, Chiefs, Seahawks, or Cardinals to be interested either.  I just don't see how those teams could eat that cost and still build a competitive roster around him.  That still leaves a long list of potential suitors, and I do think pretty much every other team is at least interested.

• Like 1

Cleveland will offer our second third rounder and Andrew Sendejo. We could use a high-end clipboard mentor going forward for Baker. But the second he whined to the media we're fining him--no time for team cancers.

Edited by NudeTayne
The third gets pulled off the table at midnight so don't waste our time. It's firm.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, put me in the camp that says the list of teams that shouldn't consider it is pretty long.

Watson would be an upgrade for most teams at QB, but that doesn't mean you consider trading for him.  He's gonna cost a first rounder plus, and a high paid QB contract.

I wouldn't want the Titans to.  I wouldn't expect the Jags, Falcons, Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Packers, Dolphins, Bills, Jets, Chargers, Chiefs, Seahawks, or Cardinals to be interested either.  I just don't see how those teams could eat that cost and still build a competitive roster around him.  That still leaves a long list of potential suitors, and I do think pretty much every other team is at least interested.

Jamal Adams was 2 firsts - Watson might require Two whole drafts lol 

It really depends on what they'd want. In this era of superstar QBs putting up MVP or All-Pro seasons at 37 plus? How well does your team draft? How much are draft picks really worth?

As a Broncos fan, I would do it. Whatever the cost.

He's only 25 years!!! OLD. And look at what he did this season after having a monster like Hopkins taken away.

Edited by Calamity_Cometh

The Jaguars should be out, solely because we’re in division and it would take 1.1. No need to bail out a division rival who made a massive error by handing them another franchise QB for theirs. Let them go get bailed out by someone else. 

3 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Bro don't even get me started... pretty sure half the Ravens forum just has me muted at this point because i never shut up about how EDC owes it to Lamar to go out and get him a real weapon in the passing game to work with... 

What is the knock on "Hollywood" Brown.?

16 minutes ago, pwny said:

The Jaguars should be out, solely because we’re in division and it would take 1.1. No need to bail out a division rival who made a massive error by handing them another franchise QB for theirs. Let them go get bailed out by someone else. 

Jags are like a top 5 nope.

I would argue the Jets are too, because Fields is also looking like a stellar prospect.

15 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

What is the knock on "Hollywood" Brown.?

Had high hopes for him but he's just not all that. Would be a good complimentary receiver. Absolutely not a #1 receiver. Dude is tiny and doesn't have the physicality to make up for that the way a Tyreek Hill does. Struggles beating press off the line, and his hands have been super unreliable this year. Too many body catches. 

Ideally we bring in a big-bodied #1 receiver this offseason and play Hollywood in the slot more where he's more effective, though I'm not sure if he's a strong enough blocker to do that on a regular basis in Roman's system. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

3 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Had high hopes for him but he's just not all that. Would be a good complimentary receiver. Absolutely not a #1 receiver. Dude is tiny and doesn't have the physicality to make up for that the way a Tyreek Hill does. Struggles beating press off the line, and his hands have been super unreliable this year. Too many body catches. 

Ideally we bring in a big-bodied #1 receiver this offseason and play Hollywood in the slot more where he's more effective, though I'm not sure if he's a strong enough blocker to do that on a regular basis in Roman's system. 

unfortunate, I had high expectations for him coming out of Oklahoma. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

There is another thread discussing Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson possibly requesting a trade.  For the sake of the Texans, I hope this doesn't happen.  One question I had is which teams in the league should not be on the phone to Houston if he were actually on the market.  At first, I thought the list was pretty short, but I could be wrong.  Do you think your team is in a position where they should be trying to trade for Deshaun Watson, even if the price is high?

Well you assume Jags, Titans, and Colts are out based on them being in the division. If I were the Texans I would say NO to the AFC and trade him to the NFC. Then you look at NFC teams and clear out those who cant afford him or dont need him cause they have a QB. Saints, Eagles, Falcons, Packers, Rams, Vikings, Seattle, Arizona, Tampa (if brady stays for another year), Carolina (paid Bridgewater and has a 20 mil dead cap). Teams that need a QB and have some cap space but are more then just 1 qb away from being a contender Detroit, and NYG. Dallas is a dark horse and wild card as they could make the move because it would be cheaper to pay Watson then it would be to pay Dak and Watson is 10 times better then Dak.  Teams that should go all in on him are Niners, Washington, and Bears make the most sense. Washington and Niners would have the cap space without player casualties. Bears would need to make some moves but then you also wonder who would be his weapons as their top wr is a FA so Watson may be stuck in a position where he was with houston.  These are essentially the teams that would have the cap if need it, the position to take Watson on as overall talent to be a contender, not in Houston's way (AFC) benefit on both sides of a win win trade

1. Niners
2. Washington
3. Bears
4. Cowboys

Houston still wont trade him unless it gets publicly ugly like Yannick and the Jags but I doubt it does get to that point and he stays in Houston.

• Like 1