Which teams should NOT consider trading for D. Watson?

Uncle Buck

13 hours ago, JBURGE said:

With the Jags current cap situation I think they would be foolish to not try to trade for him. They've played this game before with Bortles, who is obviously not nearly the prospect that Lawrence is, but I think you take the proven commodity. 

The list of teams that would actually be able to trade for Watson is pretty short imo. 

What if the Jags trade their first for Watson and Watt?

35 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Not nearly enough. Watson alone is 2-3 firsts along with other considerations.

Not saying I agree or disagree but by the same analogy trading for the first pick in the draft is worth multiple 1st round picks and other considerations. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Not saying I agree or disagree but by the same analogy trading for the first pick in the draft is worth multiple 1st round picks and other considerations. 

I get we're high on Trevor Lawrence, but he's still an unproven commodity. 

Nothing is unproven with Watson.

35 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I get we're high on Trevor Lawrence, but he's still an unproven commodity. 

Nothing is unproven with Watson.

the First pick always commands much consideration. Yes Watson  is a proven commodity but he does command 30ish million a year. You take into account the Texans are light on picks and cash strapped they are not exactly in the strongest bargaining position. I am not saying it should be a straight up trade, I'm just saying the value that people instill  in the first pick seems to consistently be multiple first round picks and other considerations. So I don't think the idea of of straight up swap is out of hand ludicrous. You need a team that has the pieces in place and are a Watson away not building a foundation if you are looking to maximize value for him. Which is not the Jacksonvilles, Jets, Miamis, of the league. 

The market for Watson is way smaller than people are thinking. Few teams want to trade the draft capital it would require. Why would you want to end up with the same future outlook as the Texans, where all you have is Watson with no way to build around him? You’d have to be already established everywhere else... and even then, you’re giving up 3-5 early picks of depth and contributors for one guy, arguably almost an entire draft, which doesn’t seem like the approach a team who WAS settled at every position outside of QB would be building.

I can see teams that are decent and have a ton of capital like Miami and..... who? Not many teams want to switch places with the Texans right now which is really what you’d have to do to get Watson. He’s an awesome QB but I don’t see teams wanting to part with 3 firsts and 2 seconds so easily. 26-28 teams may see him as an easy upgrade over what they have, but doesn’t mean they’re in the market for the premium price

also lol at anyone saying Ravens should trade for him are just trolling. That’s not how we do business, that’s how you stink at Madden 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DannyB said:

I think trade compensation and cap space issues kinda gum up this discussion, so I'll just say this...

If you were Madden 64 fantasy drafting the entire league, I think Deshaun Watson goes #2 overall after Patrick Mahomes.

Mahomes is the only one who has a more attractive combination of TALENT/ABILITY, YOUTH, and PROVEN..ness(?)

So any discussion beyond that comes down to what a team would be willing to part with in terms of draft capital in order to make the upgrade.

I don't think this is accurate

Don't get me wrong, he would be drafted VERY, VERY highly but he isn't #2