2020 All Pro Team

Forge

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean they definitely are, but I can excuse the AP voters for not going WAYYYY into the depths to give Jessie Bates 1st-team All-Pro with those aforementioned factors.

That’s my point, though. It’s literally their job to. And they don’t have to dig very deep, Bates was the #1 safety according to PFF.

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

That’s my point, though. It’s literally their job to. And they don’t have to dig very deep, Bates was the #1 safety according to PFF.

And there you go... Just because PFF says it doesn't make it true. PFF rated Justin Simmons as elite this year. He gave up 7+ TDs this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

I mean, Waller shouldn't have gotten any votes. It's a problem with the format, not that actual voting result. Realistically, if they voted for first and second, it should be a unanimous vote for Kelce as first, and a unanimous vote for Waller as second, as they were the clear best and second best seasons. But I don't like the idea that someone should vote for a guy who unanimously had a worse season, just to get him on the all-pro team, just because the voting system is bad. That's how you get one vote second all-pro team players that some writer just wanted to get an accolade.

But the thing is one could argue that Waller had a better season. Like what would it look like if Waller was put on the Chiefs... Kelce has Mahomes throwing to him every week. One COULD argue that Waller would put up similar numbers if he had one of the top 3 QBs throwing to him. I think just being able to have an argument means he deserves some votes.

9 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

was hoping to see big stephon tuitt make the second team but i'm happy for him to chug along underrated because he's a total stud

Tuitt not getting at least second team is a joke... 

I mean, Donald surely should have been an All-Pro as he was 1st or T-1st in every statistic for an Interior Defensive Linemen with 12.5 with 12.5 Sacks, 14 TFL, and 43 (Pro Football Reference) ) / 67 (Sports Info Solutions) / 71 (NextGenStats) Pressures with a 70% double team rate. But Tuitt was no worse than fifth in all those stats at the position with a stat line of 11 Sacks, 10 TFL, and 43 (Pro Football Reference) ) / 49 (Sports Info Solutions) / 44 as of Week 13 (NextGenStats) Pressures in one less game with a double team rate of 58% in one less game.

I have no issue with Buckner being first team because I truly believe that neither Donald or Tuitt were as good as the run, and I truly believe Buckner had the biggest impact of all Defensive Tackles this year, but the fact that Tuitt got ONE vote and Cam Heyward, Grady Jarrett, Leonard Williams, Ndamukong Suh, and Qunnen Williams all getting the same or more votes is a bit of a joke. Unless you're making the argument that Watt makes Tuitt, in which case he should be the clearcut DPOTY, right *winky face*

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Tuitt not getting at least second team is a joke... 

I mean, Donald surely should have been an All-Pro as he was 1st or T-1st in every statistic for an Interior Defensive Linemen with 12.5 with 12.5 Sacks, 14 TFL, and 43 (Pro Football Reference) ) / 67 (Sports Info Solutions) / 71 (NextGenStats) Pressures with a 70% double team rate. But Tuitt was no worse than fifth in all those stats at the position with a stat line of 11 Sacks, 10 TFL, and 43 (Pro Football Reference) ) / 49 (Sports Info Solutions) / 44 as of Week 13 (NextGenStats) Pressures in one less game with a double team rate of 58% in one less game.

I have no issue with Buckner being first team because I truly believe that neither Donald or Tuitt were as good as the run, and I truly believe Buckner had the biggest impact of all Defensive Tackles this year, but the fact that Tuitt got ONE vote and Cam Heyward, Grady Jarrett, Leonard Williams, Ndamukong Suh, and Qunnen Williams all getting the same or more votes is a bit of a joke. Unless you're making the argument that Watt makes Tuitt, in which case he should be the clearcut DPOTY, right *winky face*

Wait, what now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlaqOptic said:

And there you go... Just because PFF says it doesn't make it true. PFF rated Justin Simmons as elite this year. He gave up 7+ TDs this year.

We’re not talking about whether Jessie Bates is an elite player year to year. We’re talking about whether he had an elite year this year, which he did. 

I only brought up PFF as a means of disputing the claim AP voters had to dig “into the depths” to realize Bates had an AP season. It was obvious to any fan in the know. 

32 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

But the thing is one could argue that Waller had a better season. Like what would it look like if Waller was put on the Chiefs... Kelce has Mahomes throwing to him every week. One COULD argue that Waller would put up similar numbers if he had one of the top 3 QBs throwing to him. I think just being able to have an argument means he deserves some votes.

You can't use the hypothetical because it works both ways. You assume that his stats would be better or that Waller would be better....it could just as easily be worse, so it's not really a valid argument. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

How...? Howard had 10 picks and Top 5 cover corner, and Alexander was the best cover corner.

Ramsey was #3 behind those two imo, still a great season.

Bruh, that's nonsense. Ramsey was straight up taking the most productive WRs in the NFL out of games. Staley was calling zone schemes and locking Ramsey in man on an island with guys like Hopkins, D.K., Diggs, etc. And they were getting shut down. Those guys would spend most of the game doing nothing until they got a few receptions when Ramsey wasn't on them against zone coverage. I can't say Ramsey was the #1 CB in the NFL, but I can say he absolutely deserved to be an All Pro.